|Manatee County Government Administrative Building First Floor - Chambers March 2, 2017 - 9:00 a.m.|
Agenda Item #6
PDC-16-18(Z)(P) - Arctic Palm Company/Arctic Palm Self Storage - DTS20160427 - Quasi-Judicial - Rossina Leider, Planner
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Rossina Leider, Planner, 941-748-4501 ext. 6859
Bobbi Roy, Planning Coordinator, 941-748-4501 ext. 6878
REVISED RECOMMENDED MOTION:
I move to continue the public hearing for PDC-16-18(Z)(P) to April 6, 2017 at 9:00 a.m., or as soon thererafter as same may be heard at the Manatee County Government Administrative Building, 1st Floor Chambers.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• Mr. Mark P. Barnebey, Esquire of Blalock Walters, P.A., agent for the property owner, is requesting approval of a rezoning from GC/WP-E/ST (General Commercial/Watershed Protection Evers/Special Treatment Overlay Districts) to PDC/WP-E/ST (Planned Development Commercial/Watershed Protection Evers/Special Treatment Overlay Districts) zoning district and a Preliminary Site Plan for 75,203 sq. ft. of mini-warehouse space including accessory outdoor storage area.
• The 5.01± acre site is located on the north side of SR 70, approximately 950 feet west of Lorraine Road. The site is located within the R/O/R (Retail/Office/Residential) Future Land Use Categories (FLUC).
• The Preliminary Site Plan proposes:
o One building on the east portion of the site, and accessory outdoor area on the northwest of the property.
• Special Approval is required to be granted by the Board of County Commissioners for a non-residential project exceeding 50,000 sq. ft. in the R/O/R FLUC, and within the Watershed Protection Evers and the Special Treatment Overlay Districts.
• The applicant requests Specific Approval for an alternative of:
o LDC Section 701.3.A.7, to provide a variable width vehicular use area buffer (eastern buffer) from 8 feet to 5 feet (82 feet in length), and
• Staff recommends approval.
• On February 9, 2017, by a vote of 7 – 0, the Planning Commission recommended approval.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded to Matter 2017-0011 on January 9, 2017.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward a copy of the executed document and letter from the Florida Department of State to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report - Artic Palm Self Storage - PDC-16-18(Z)(P).pdf
Attachment: Attachment 2 - Zoning Disclosure Affidavit.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 3 - Staff Report Maps.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 4 - PSP.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 5 - Fence Elevation.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 6 - Request for Specific Approval1222.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 7 - Traffic Impact Statement with approval letter.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 8 - Newspaper Advertising.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 9 - Ordinance PDC-16-18(Z)(P).pdf
Attachment: Attachment 10 - Public Comment.pdf
Attachment: Continuance request from applicant.pdf