|Manatee County Government Administrative Center Commission Chambers, First Floor 9:00 a.m. - March 12, 2013|
Agenda Item #10
Resolution No R-13-42 Relating to FEMA Severe Repetitive Loss Grant
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Sandy Tudor, CFM, Floodplain Investigator, 941-748-4501, 3843
Motion to adopt Resolution No. R-13-42.
Motion to approve Federally-Funded Subgrant Agreement with State of Florida, Division of Emergency Management.
Motion to approve Severe Repetitive Loss Grant Program Sub-Subgrant Agreement with Jonathan M. Jarrell and Melissa B. Jarrell, formerly know as Melissa B. Previte.
Local Mitigation Strategy
• FEMA administers the Severe Repetitive Loss (SRL) Grant Program which provides funding through the State of Florida, Division of Emergency Management, for property covered under the National Flood Insurance Program that has experienced at least four claim payments in an amount exceeding $5,000 each, with two of such payments occurring within any 10-year period.
• FEMA requires the local government to act as the applicant and administer the grant on the behalf of the property owners.
• The SRL Grant Program provides up to 90% of the project costs as the federal share for the purpose of elevating and mitigating the repetitive loss structure.
• The SRL Grant Program requires the remaining 10% of the project costs to be paid as the local share by the grant recipient.
• On November 17, 2009, the Board of County Commissioners adopted Resolution No. 09-263, which authorized Manatee County to submit a grant application to FEMA on behalf of Jonathan M. Jarrell and Melissa B. Jarrell, formerly known as Melissa B. Previte, the owners of property located at 130 Michiana Drive in Terra Ceia, for elevation of a private residential structure.
• The State of Florida, Division of Emergency Management, has received $443,573.10 in grant funds from FEMA under the SRL Grant Program to elevate the private residential structure on property located at 130 Michiana Drive in Terra Ceia.
• The State of Florida, Division of Emergency Management, has authority to disburse the grant funds to Manatee County in accordance with a Federally-Funded Subgrant Agreement.
• The Federally-Funded Subgrant Agreement lists the project costs at $492,859.00, which consist of a federal share not to exceed $443,573.10 and a non-federal local share in the amount of $49,285.90.
• The property owners agree to pay the non-federal local share of the project costs, plus all amounts in excess of the federal share and/or not reimbursed under the FEMA grant, to complete the project for elevation of the private residential structure located at 130 Michiana Drive in Terra Ceia, and to comply with the Federally-Funded Subgrant Agreement.
• The property owners have executed a Severe Repetitive Loss Grant Program Sub-Subgrant Agreement relating to payment of the non-federal local share of the project costs, completion of the project and compliance with the Federally-Funded Subgrant Agreement, and use of the FEMA grant funds.
• The Severe Repetitive Loss Grant Program Sub-Subgrant Agreement provides that no County funds will be used or expended for any project costs or any costs or expenses under the Federally-Funded Subgrant Agreement or relating to the elevation of the private residential structure located at 130 Michiana Drive in Terra Ceia.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Resolution No. R-13-42, Federally-Funded by CAO (MSS)
Federally-Funded Subgrant Agreement Reviewed by CAO (MSS)
Severe Repetitive Loss Grant Program Sub-Subgrant Agreement prepared by CAO (MSS)
Instructions to Board Records
Forward certified copy of Resolution No. R-13-42, four (4) executed originals of Federally-Funded Subgrant Agreement, and three (3) executed originals of Severe Repetitive Loss Grant Program Sub-Subgrant Agreement to Sandy Tudor, Building & Development Services Department.
Return signed copies of Resolution No. R-13-42, Federally-Funded Subgrant Agreement, and Severe Repetitive Loss Grant Program Sub-Subgrant Agreement to the County Attorney's Office (email@example.com).
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Resolution No. R-13-42.pdf
Attachment: Federally-Funded Subgrant Agreement..pdf
Attachment: Severe Repetitive Loss Grant Projram Sub-Subgrant Agreement.pdf