|Manatee County Government Administrative Center Commission Chambers, First Floor 9:00 a.m. - March 12, 2013|
Agenda Item #23
Acquisition of property purchase, Distressed Asset Buyers, LLC, Parcel 116, 44TH Avenue East (30th Street East to 45th Street East) Road Right of Way Improvement Project
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Lynn Willis, Property Management, x 6287
Joaquin Servia, Division Manager, Property Acquisition, x 3021
Authorization for Chairman to execute Contract for Sale and Purchase for a Warranty Deed from Distressed Asset Buyers, LLC, for the 44th Avenue East (30th Street East to 45th Street East) Road Right of Way Improvement Project in the amount of $50,500.
Section 125 seq., Florida Statutes, County Government
• The original 44th Avenue East Road Right of Way Improvement Project was approved in the FY 1994/1995 CIP on February 25, 1994 and reapproved in FY 2009/2010 CIP on September 15, 2009, Resolution R-09-219.
• Parcel 116 is improved with a single family residence located at 4119 44th Avenue East. The project required a partial take of 10,619 square feet.
• On November 9, 2012, Appraiser Shawn Wilson, MAI of Compass Real Estate Consulting, Inc. determined the value of the area for acquisition at: $8,000 for land, $5,700 for improvements that include sod, vegetation, trees, shell driveway, artesian well, septic system, drainfield, barbed wire fencing and a concrete parking pad, $4,000 for cost to cure to modify the septic system and drainfield, and $31,300 for severance damages as a result of the acquisition. The loss in value caused by the taking, but not attributable to the part taken, represents severance damages to the remainder. Total appraised value of the parcel is $49,000.
• A settlement was reached at $50,500 for a partial take of the property, and eliminates additional costs for litigation fees, or expert fees associated with this agreement.
• The contract for Sale and Purchase for a Warranty Deed is hereby submitted to the BCC for execution in the amount of $50,500.
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (Utilizes exact document or procedure approved within the last 18 months)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Please return a copy of executed contract to Lynn Willis, Property Acquisition, Property Management Department, with a copy to Christy Cultrera in Finance.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
335-6071160, 44TH Avenue East (30th Street East to 45th Street East) Road Right of Way Improvement Project
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: contract distressed.pdf
Attachment: backup justification.pdf
Attachment: 44th Ave E Parcel 116 - Gillis.pdf