|Manatee County Government Administrative Center Commission Chambers, First Floor 9:00 a.m. - March 10, 2016|
Agenda Item #3
PDR-15-20(Z)(G) - Vistas Equity Group, LLC (Contract Purchaser) / Trademark Building Company, Inc. (Owner)/Khilnani Parrish Subdivision - DTS20150366 - MEPS498 - Quasi-Judicial - Margaret Tusing
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Margaret Tusing, Principal Planner, 941-748-4501 ext. 6828
Bobbi Roy, Planning Coordinator, 941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, I move to recommend ADOPTION of Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. PDR-15-20(Z)(G); APPROVAL of the General Development Plan with Stipulations A.1–A.2, B.1, C.1–C.3, D.1–D.4, and E.1; GRANTING Special Approval for a project exceeding a gross residential density of 1 dwelling unit per acre and a net residential density of 3 dwelling units per acre in the UF-3 Future Land Use Category; ADOPTION of the Findings for Specific Approval; and GRANTING Specific Approval of an alternative to Land Development Code Section 403.12.D.3.k (15-foot building setback for lots adjacent to roadway and greenbelt buffers in the NCO); as recommended by staff.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• Ms. Rachel Layton, AICP, ZNS Engineering, agent for the property owner, is requesting approval of a rezoning from A-1/NCO to PDR/NCO and a General Development Plan for 84-unit residential project (34 single family semi-detached units and 50 single family detached units).
• The Preliminary Site Plan site is approximately 29.53± acres located on the north side of CR 675 (Rutland Road), east of US 301 and commonly known as 12450 CR 675, Parrish.
• The project proposes two (2) lot housing types – single detached and single-family semi-detached. The single family detached has lot sizes ranging from 5,250 square feet (50-feet of frontage) to 7,800 square feet (65-feet of frontage). The single-family semi-detached units are 3,780 square feet/unit (7,560 square feet for 2).
• The parcel is located in the UF-3 (Urban Fringe – 3 dwelling units per acre) future land use category. Surrounding uses include agriculture, larger lot single family, vacant properties transitioning to higher density residential and commercial uses.
• Gross Density: 2.84 du/ac; Net Density: 3.10 du/ac.
• Special Approval is required for gross density exceeding 1 du/acre and net density exceeding 3 du/acre.
• 12.57 acres (43%) are proposed for open space; 25% is required.
• Staff recommends approval.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email on February 16, 2016.
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Maps - Future Land Use, Zoning and Aerials - Khilnani Parrish - PDR-15-20(Z)(P).pdf
Attachment: Staff Report - Khilnani Parrish - PDR-15-20(Z)(P) - 3-10-16PC.pdf
Attachment: Specific Approval Request - Khilnani Parrish - PDR-15-20(Z)(G) - DTS20150366.pdf
Attachment: Zoning Disclosure Affidavits - Khilnani Parrish - PDR-15-20(Z)(G) - DTS20150366.pdf
Attachment: School Report - Khilnani Parrish - PDR-15-20(Z)(G) - DTS20150366 - MEPS498.pdf
Attachment: Traffic Impact Statement - Khilnani Parrish - PDR-15-20(Z)(P).pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - Khilnani Parrish Subdivision - PDR-15-20(Z)(G) - Bradenton Herald - 3-10-16 PC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - Khilnani Parrish Subdivision - PDR-15-20(Z)(G) - Sarasota Herald Tribune - 3-10-16 PC.pdf
Attachment: General Development Plan - Khilnani Parrish - PDR-15-20(Z)(G) - DTS20150366.pdf