|REVISED March 10, 2015 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #25
FY2014/2015 Annual FDOT Maintenance and Compensation Agreement Renewal
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Aaron Burkett, Traffic Operations Division Manager, Ext. 7509
Sage Kamiya, P.E., PTOE, Deputy Director - Traffic Management, Ext. 7425
Authorize the Chairman to execute the annual Traffic Signal Maintenance and Compensation Agreement with the Florida Department of Transportation for FY 2014/2015.
Florida Statutes, Chapter 125 - County Government
- The Board of County Commissioners executed a Master Agreement with the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) on September 17, 2002, for the operation and maintenance of the traffic signals located on State Highways within the unincorporated portion of Manatee County. The agreement requires the County to operate and maintain the traffic signals on State Highways in compliance with the rules and standards of the FDOT in exchange for compensation to the County by a statewide formula developed by the FDOT.
- FDOT has modified the language in the Master Agreement to include additional requirements such as: minor structural maintenance services for traffic signal supports, temporary/ emergency signal pole placement, performance measures and annual reporting requirements, and new devices such as speed activated warning displays and emergency fire department warning beacons.
- Each year the FDOT submits a revised Exhibit "A" to the Master Agreement that establishes the current list of traffic signals and device locations and the amount of compensation due for that location under the formula for the Board's review and approval.
- The County Attorney's Office and Public Works staff have reviewed the new agreement and Exhibit "A" and have found them to be a complete and accurate listing of the traffic control devices operated and maintained by the County under the terms of the Agreement with the FDOT.
- The FY 2014/2015 compensation is proposed at $159,526.14; which is an increase of $13,530.51 over FY 2013/2014.
- The estimated annual cost to maintain FDOT traffic signals is $548,263. This reimbursement covers approximately 30% of those maintenance costs. FDOT is considering a new agreement to cover more of the gap between reimbursement and maintenance costs for next fiscal year's contract.
- A letter dated February 10, 2015, was sent to FDOT requesting an increase in the reimbursement to fully cover the County's expenses for maintaining FDOT traffic signals.
County Attorney Review
Formal Written Review (Opinion memo must be attached)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Please return partially executed forms to Mary Moeller, Public Works Dept., for transmittal to FDOT. A fully executed copy will be returned to Board Records.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
$159,526.14 Payment to Manatee County by FDOT - 1010020707 Traffic Operations
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
FDOT reimburses for portion of the costs to Manatee County for Annual M&O
Attachment: SchulhoferR_Memo_FDOT Traffic Signal Maintenance & Compensation Agreement_2014-2015_Sept. 2014 FDOT Revisions_14-315 .pdf
Attachment: Traffic Signal Maintenance Agreement Manatee 2014-2015.pdf
Attachment: Traffic Signal Maintenance Agreement EXHIBIT A 2014-2015.pdf
Attachment: FDOT Traffic Signal Maint and Comp Agrmt - 2-10-15 Letter.pdf