|Manatee County Government Administrative Building 4th Floor, Manatee Room 9:00 am - September 14, 2017|
Agenda Item #7
PA-17-06/Ordinance 17-33 - City of Bradenton/Evers Reservoir - 20170200 - MEPS683 - Legislative - Rossina Leider, Planner
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Rossina Leider, Planner, 941-748-4501 ext. 6859
Bobbi Roy, Planning Coordinator, 941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, the technical support documents and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Community Planning Act as codified in applicable portions of Chapter 163, Part II, Florida Statutes and the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan, I move to recommend TRANSMITTAL of Plan Amendment PA-17-06, as recommended by staff.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
Chapter 163, Part II, Florida Statutes
• Ms. Darenda Marvin, AICP, with Grimes Goebel, et al, agent of the property owner, is requesting a Comprehensive Plan Future Land Use Map amendment (200.68± acres) from the existing future land use category of P/SP 1 (Public/Semi-Public 1) to RES-6 (Residential – 6 dwelling units per acre), and repealing the declaration of use for an off-line water reservoir contemplated under Policy 126.96.36.199.
• The Plan Amendment site is vacant and located east of Lockwood Ridge Road (45th Street East), west of the Evers Reservoir, and north of Honore Avenue (Bradenton, Manatee County).
• The site is zoned PDR (Planned Development Residential – 157.1 acres) and A-1 (Suburban Agriculture – 43.58 acres), and within the WP-E (Watershed Protection Evers) and ST (Special Treatment) Overlay Districts.
• With the adoption of the 1989 Comprehensive Plan, several parcel in the nearby area of the site, inclusive its western parcel (157.10 acres) were impressed with the RES-6 (Residential - 6) future land use designation, since the eastern parcel (43.58 acres) was designated P/SP 1 (Public/Semi-Public 1) in order to allow for the City of Bradenton Reservoir (aka Evers Reservoir or Ward Lake). In 2010, the Board of County Commissioners approved a Future Land Use Map amendment (PA-10-17/Ord. 10-17) from RES-6 to P/SP 1 on the western parcel of the site to accommodate an off-line water reservoir. The current P/SP 1 FLUC designation of the entire site has remained unchanged in the subsequent years.
• The City of Bradenton has determined this land is no longer necessary for the original intent of creation of an off-stream reservoir, since its construction cost will be nearly twice the initial estimate. As a result, the City abandoned the plan for the reservoir expansion, and permitted a new “Aquifer Storage and Recovery (ASR)” system to provide for subsurface storage of treated water in an area adjacent to the existing water treatment plan.
• The plan amendment site is located west of the Future Development Area Boundary (FDAB) and in an area of the County that is served by existing infrastructure (roadways and utilities) as well other services.
• The site contains approximately 178.5 acres of uplands, 2.22 acres of wetlands and 19.96 acres of areas designated as surface waters. There are no native habitat, nor endangered species on the project site.
• Staff recommends approval.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email to Matter 2017-0443 on August 21, 2017.
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report - Evers Reservoir - PA1706Ord1733 - 91417PC.pdf
Attachment: 2 - Evers Reservoir - PA1706Ord.1733 - 91417PC.pdf
Attachment: 3 - TIS - Evers Reservoir - PA1706Ord.1733 - 91417PC.pdf
Attachment: 4 - Newspaper Advertising - Evers Reservoir - PA1706Ord.1733 - 91417PC.pdf