|REVISED June 7, 2016 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #29
LDA-09-04(R3) - Second Amendment to the Amended and Restated Local Development Agreement for Summer Woods - DTS20160240 - Quasi-Judicial
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Clarke Davis, Transportation Planning Manager
941-708-7450 ext. 7272
Lisa Barrett, Planning Manager, 941-748-4501 ext. 6884
Bobbi Roy, Planning Coordinator, 941-748-4501 ext. 6878
This is the first of two required public hearings. The second public hearing is scheduled for June 21, 2016, at 9:00 a.m. at the Manatee County Government Administrative Building, 1st Floor Chambers.
Section 350, Manatee County Land Development Code
Sections 163.3220-163.3243, Florida Statutes
- Gulf Land Investments, LLC/Shore Road LLC, Hanover Real Estate Group, LLC/Summerwoods has filed an amendment to the Amended and Restated Local Development Agreement for Summer Woods. The 268.14+ acre site is south of Moccasin Wallow Road and west of U.S. 301 N. in Manatee County, and is zoned PDR (Planned Development Residential).
- The property is approved to allow 562 total residential units, including 376 single-family, detached residential units, and 186 single-family, semi-detached residential units.
- The applicant proposes an amendment to LDA milestone dates and events as follows:
- In Paragraph 6(B), amend the date of required payment for fair share of offsite impacts totaling $100,627.00. The date was originally the earlier of the time of first plat or November 10, 2014. The proposed amended date is April 29, 2016. To date, no plat has been recorded for Summer Woods, and the fair share payment was paid in full in March 2016.
- In Paragraph 9, amend the required development activity to be eligible for Certificate of Level of Service Compliance (CLOS) extension. The LDA specifies that a plat for 281 units must be recorded prior to December 31, 2017, to be eligible for CLOS extension. The purpose of the provision is to ensure that the development is making sufficient progress at the time the extension is granted. This 281 unit count, which is 50 percent of the total unit count, was negotiated to represent substantial development progress. The applicant requests that the required unit count be reduced to 168 units (30 percent). Staff finds that this may also be considered sufficient development progress to allow a CLOS extension.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
William Clague reviewed and responded to related Matter #2016-0446 by email on May 17, 2016.
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Second Amendement to Amended and Restate LDA - Summerwoods (Final BR ).pdf
Attachment: Summer Woods LDA - LDA-09-04(R) pdf.pdf
Attachment: Summer Woods LDA - LDA-09-04.pdf
Attachment: Summer Woods LDA First Amendment to LDA - LDA-09-04(R2).pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - Summerwoods LDA-09-04(R3) - Bradenton Herald.pdf
Attachment: Maps - Future Land Use, Zoning and Aerials - Summerwoods LDA.pdf
Attachment: Affidavit of Publishing - Summerwoods LDA LDA-09-04(R3) - Sarasota Herald Tribune Line - 6-7-16 and 6-21-16 BCC.pdf