|REVISED June 4, 2013 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #20
Rubonia Community Center Summer Program
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Cheri R. Coryea, Director
Neighborhood Services Department
Authorization for the Chairman to execute an Agreement with United Community Center in the amount of $20,000 to provide a summer program for youth and adults at the Rubonia Community Center for the time period June 17, 2013 through August 2, 2013.
11.1.4 Efficiency in Services Delivery
- 5/7/2013 the Board approved the expenditure of $20,000 to provide summer programs for youth and adults at the Rubonia Community Center.
- A Budget Resolution transferring $20,000 from the Board's Reserve for Contingency for this program was adopted at the May 21, 2013 Board Meeting.
- The Pilot Program for The Rubonia Community Center began on February 4, 2013 and was recommended to be extended through the summer with the approval of the BOCC and the success of the program attendance.
- The program will be operated by the United Community Center, Inc., and will provide morning services to the Elderly and Adult population of Rubonia run by Allean's Loving Care.
- The Center is designated as a Summer Food Service site and will provide free meals through the Department of Education Summer Food Program for youth ages 0 - 17 years of age, from 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m, Monday through Friday.
- The Center will provide an onsite afternoon program for youth from 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. operated by the United Community Center, Inc and offer arts, crafts and recreation.
- This Agreement with United Community Center is being presented at this time to formalize this action and provide the appropriate funding mechanism and service level accountability.
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (No apparent legal issues)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
One executed Agreement for Board Records; one executed Agreement to Cheri Coryea (Neighborhood Services).
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
$20,000 Reserve for Contingency
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: UCC Rubonia Summer Agreement.pdf