|Manatee County Government Administrative Building First Floor, Commission Chambers June 2, 2016 - 9:00 a.m.|
Agenda Item #9
PDR-15-13(Z)(P) - Manasara Corp/Tennessee Street Property, LLC/The Oasis at University - DTS20150244 - Quasi-Judicial - Margaret Tusing - Continued from April 7 and May 5, 2016
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Margaret Tusing, Principal Planner, 941-748-4501 ext. 6828
Bobbi Roy, Planning Coordinator, 941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, the action of the Planning Commission and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan, and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, I move to ADOPT Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. PDR-15-13(Z)(P); APPROVE the Preliminary Site Plan with Stipulations A.1–A.4, B.1, C.1–C.-4 , D.1–D.7, E.1, and F.1; MAKE a Specific Finding that the multi-family buildings exceeding 35-feet in height are consistent with Land Development Code Section 402.7.D.9. in that the development, as approved and stipulated, is compatible with the surrounding area and will not create any external impacts that would adversely affect surrounding development or the entranceway; GRANT Special Approval for: 1) a project exceeding a gross density of 9 dwelling units per acre in the RES-16 Future Land Use Category; 2) a project adjacent to a perennial stream; and 3) for a project located within the Entranceway, as recommended by the Planning Commission.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• Mr. Stephen Novacki with Picerne Development Corporation of Florida, agent for the property owner, is requesting approval of a Rezone and Preliminary Site Plan for 324 multi-family units. The site is approximately 25.6 acres and is located on the north side of University Parkway between Florida Street on the east and the S.C.L. railroad on the west, and south of Broadway Avenue.
• The site is located in the RES-16 (Residential - 16 dwelling units per gross acre) Future Land Use Category (FLUC) (PA-15-02/ORD 16-15 (fka15-32).
• The following Special Approvals are required:
• Gross residential density exceeding 9 du/ac (12.7 du/ac)
• Project located adjacent to a perennial stream (Pearce Drain/Gap Creek)
• Project located within the Entranceway
• No Specific Approvals are requested.
• Specific Finding for increased height to 45-feet.
• County potable water and waste water are available by connection or extension.
• Sidewalks will be constructed on both sides of Kentucky Street and Broadway. The project provides internal sidewalks adjacent to parking areas that connect the parking areas to the apartment structures. A network of internal sidewalks are provided throughout the development tying the residential units to the amenity areas and service areas such as the mail kiosk.
• Recreational amenities will be provided on 1.26-acres of property and will include a clubhouse with a resort-style entry pool.
• There are no jurisdictional wetlands, native habitat nor endangered species on the project site.
• The project will have primary access to University Parkway via Kentucky Street with secondary access to University Parkway via Florida Street.
• Staff recommends approval with Stipulations.
• On March 10, 2016, by a vote of 6 – 1, the Planning Commission recommended approval. Mr. Bower voted nay stating he is not comfortable with the Specific Finding that the multi-family building exceeding 35 feet in height are consistent with Land Development Code Section 402.7.D.9.
• A summary of the public comments heard at the March 10, 2016 Planning Commission public hearing are in the staff report attached to this memo.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward a copy of the executed document to email@example.com
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report - Oasis at University - PDR-15-13(Z)(P).pdf
Attachment: Attachment 2 - Oasis Zoning Disclosure - Manasara.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 2 - Oasis Zoning Disclosure - Tennessee.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 3 - Traffic Impact Analysis and Approval letter with out Appendicies.pdf
Attachment: Maps - Zonning, FLU, and Aerials - Oasis at University - PDR-15-13.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 5 - Oasis School Report.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 6 - Height Analysis and Renderings.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 7 - Public Comment - Oasis at University - PDR-15-13(Z)(P) .pdf
Attachment: Affidavit of Publishing - Oasis at University - PDR-15-13(Z)(P) - DTS20150244 - Bradenton Herald Line - 4-7-16 BCC.pdf
Attachment: Affidavit of Publishing - The Oasis at Univeristy - PDR-15-13(Z)(P) - DTS20150244 - Sarasota Herald Tribune Line - 4-7-16 BCC.pdf
Attachment: Preliminary Site Plan - Oasis at University -PDR-15-13(Z)(P) 12-01-2015.pdf
Attachment: Ordinance - Oasis at University - PDR-15-13(Z)(P) - DTS20150244.pdf
Attachment: EXParte Communication emails - Oasis at University.pdf
Attachment: Request for additional applicant presentation time at June 2 meeting (PDR-15-13.pdf
Attachment: Application request for additional presentation time..pdf