|Manatee County Government Administrative Center Commission Chambers, First Floor 9:00 a.m. - June 18, 2013|
Agenda Item #49
Peace River/Manasota Regional Water Supply Authority - FY 13/14 Draft Budget and Membership Contribution and Reserve Fund Assessments
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Mark Simpson, Water Division Manager, x-5258
Acceptance of FY13/14 Tentative Budget for the Peace River/Manasota Regional Water Supply Authority (PRMRWSA); and approval of Manatee County’s FY13/14 membership contribution in an amount not-to-exceed $85,144 and an Assessment in the amount of $18,171 to fund the development of a common rate.
Comprehensive Plan establishes policies for continued coordination with the Peace River/Manasota Regional Water Supply Authority. Membership contributions are in accordance with Board policy established by the Second Amended Interlocal Agreement creating the Peace River/Manasota Regional Water Supply Authority, and the Master Water Supply Contract approved by the BCC on September 20, 2005.
- 2/82 - BCC approved and executed the Interlocal Agreement creating the Peace River/Manasota Regional Water Supply Authority (PR/MSRWSA).
- 2/84 - Revised Interlocal Agreement was approved and executed by the BCC.
- 5/91 - The BCC approved and executed the amended Interlocal Agreement creating the PR/MSRWSA, the Acquisition Agreement, and the Peace River Water Supply Contract.
- 8/14/01 - The BCC approves Resolution R-01-183 setting forth terms and conditions for establishing the Water Planning Alliance and providing for Manatee County’s voluntary participation in the Water Planning Alliance.
- 04/11/13 - PR/MSRWSA Board approves FY 14 tentative budget for submittal to member counties and wholesale customers, includes annual membership contributions and an assessment for development of a common rate.
The amended Interlocal Agreement defines funding responsibilities and methodologies to cover the cost of the Authority. Member contributions cover the administrative cost (general fund) for the Authority not associated with operation of the Peace River Water Treatment Plant (Peace River facility enterprise fund). These costs are shared between Manatee, Sarasota, Charlotte, and DeSoto Counties, as shown on Page 22 of the FY 14 tentative budget (Attachment 1).
The Water Planning Alliance, Authority Governance and AEIS monitoring are included in the Assessments itemized on page 28 of the FY 14 Tentative Budget (Attachment 1). The total Manatee County FY14 contribution shown in the tentative budget is $130,287. However, subsequent budget development with the members and PRMRWSA staff have reduced the total contribution from Manatee County in the FY14 budget to $103, 315.
Approval of the FY13/14 member contribution and proposed assessment will provide for appropriate budgeting by the Authority and County, and will assure prompt payment of the invoice for these contributions during FY13/14. This item is placed on consent as requested by the BCC.
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (No apparent legal issues)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
401.0009400.531000 (Water Treatment Cost Center) funded from water revenues
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Annual recurring Membership Contributions and recurring Reserve Fund Assessments