|REVISED June 18, 2013 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #19
Friendly Faces, Inc., Code No. CE2012010657
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Joe Fenton, Division Manager, Ext. 6854
Motion to rescind the fines for this case, $3,210.00, (as previously recommended by the Special Magistrate on November 28, 2012), subject to the following conditions:
1. Recording fees of $40.00 will be waived.
2. Building and Development Services Department Director is authorized to sign the releases of liens if the fines are rescinded.
Section 162.09, Florida Statutes (2009)
Below is a summary of Code Enforcement Case No. CE2012010657 against Friendly Faces, Inc. regarding property located at 2634 51st Street East, Bradenton (DP#1515710259):
- January 30, 2012, the Code Enforcement Zone Officer discovered junk vehicles, restricted vehicles and trash and debris on the property.
- January 31, 2012, the zone officer cited the property owner for junk vehicles and restricted vehicles (including but not limited to a gold car, a black truck, a white Toyota, a red car, a blue car that appeared inoperable, multiple RVs, boats, trailers, box trailers, a bus, and a green dump truck that appeared inoperable) and trash and debris and outdoor storage (papers, cans, bottles, plastic, scrap, wood, rolls of chain link fence, shop vac, generator, vacuum cleaner, tires, hand dollies, ladders, buckets and chairs) on the property in violation of Section 703.2.23 (Parking or Storage of Junk Vehicles or Refuse Prohibited), Section 703.2.23.1 (Refuse Prohibited), Section 703.2.20 (Screened Outdoor Storage) and Section 703.2.15 (Parking of Restricted Vehicles, including Commercial Vehicles) of the Manatee County Land Development Code.
- February 3, 2012, a Letter of Violation was sent out certified mail to the property owner and the letter was received on February 21, 2012, and signed by Adrienne Wear.
- February 21, 2012, the zone officer did a re-investigation and found that the owners were making progress in cleaning up the property; several vehicles had been removed and the front yard had been cleaned up.
- March 13, 2012, the zone officer did another site visit and found only a little progress had been made. The officer spoke with the property owner's son and explained he would be back in two weeks and a lot more progress needed to happen or this would be scheduled for a hearing.
- March 28, 2012, the zone officer found the property to still be in violation and scheduled this case to go before the April 25, 2012, Special Magistrate hearing.
- March 30, 2012, a Notice of Hearing for the April 25, 2012, Special Magistrate was sent out certified mail to the property owner and the letter was received on April 6, 2012, and signed by Adrienne Wear.
- April 25, 2012, the Special Magistrate found in violation and gave until July 20, 2012, for compliance or a minimum fine of $100 and a daily fine of $50 would be imposed for each violation, Sections 703.2.23, 703.2.23.1 and 703.2.20. (Section 703.2.15 was complied before the hearing.)
- July 26, 2012, the zone officer did a re-inspection and found the property still in violation and completed an Affidavit of Non-Compliance to start the fines as previously ordered for Sections 703.2.23, 703.2.23.1 and 703.2.20.
- August 9, 2012, the zone officer found the property to be in compliance and stopped the fines as of that date, for all three sections. The fines totaled $3,210.00 for all three sections together.
- October 11, 2012, Code Enforcement received an e-mail from the property owner requesting this fine be rescinded or reduced and the Division Manager placed this on the November 28, 2012, Old Business Special Magistrate.
- November 28, 2012, the Special Magistrate found justification existed for this case to be referred to the Board of County Commissioners for a recommended fine rescission, which staff supported.
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (Utilizes exact document or procedure approved within the last 18 months)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward a stamped copy of agenda to Administrative Specialist Laurie Menard (email@example.com) in the Code Enforcement Division following disposition.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: BOCC Attachments 6-18-2013 Friendly.pdf