|REVISED June 17, 2014 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #83
Community Development Block Grant 2014/2015 Annual Action Plan
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Cheri R. Coryea, Director - Extension 3468
Suzie Dobbs, Community Development Manager - Extension 3937
Adopt Resolution R-14-067 approving the 2014/2015 Annual Action Plan and authorization for the Chairman to sign all appropriate submission documents for submission to the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
24 CFR Part 91 (Consolidated Plan regulations)
Manatee County's Citizen Participation Plan
11.1.4 Efficiency in Service Delivery (Comprehensive Plan)
- Manatee County Government is an entitlement community for the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG), HOME Investment Partnership (HOME), and Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG) program funds from HUD.
- HUD has allocated funding to Manatee County Government in the amount of $1,599,871.00 for CDBG, $469,424.00 for HOME, and $134,683.00 for ESG, for fiscal year 2014/2015.
- HUD guidelines require the adoption of an Annual Action Plan outlining the needs and goals for the use of the funds, which must be made available to the public for review for a 30 day period.
- Staff held four community meetings to receive input from the citizens on unmet needs throughout the County and solicited citizen input through the County's website.
- The draft Annual Action Plan has been available for the required 30 day public review and comment period since May 16, 2014, and was made available on-line and at the Central, South County, Palmetto, and Rocky Bluff libraries as well as the Neighborhood Services Department office.
- All comments from the Board and the public will be incorporated into the final plan submitted to HUD.
- Staff has considered the Board priorities, Five Year Consolidated Plan strategies and priorities, citizen comments, and applications by non-profit agencies.
- Staff used this review method to evaluate all funding requests and presents an Annual Action Plan that is consistent with the federal regulations and allowable expenditures of the program.
- Annual Action Plan items were considered with concern to timeliness expenditure within the fiscal year, little impact to future operating expenses, focus on community improvements, and proper procurement methods in accordance with the HUD regulations and guidelines.
- Staff is seeking approval and execution of Resolution R-14-067, the Applications for Federal Assistance, and Certifications for the 2014/2015 Annual Action Plan.
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (No apparent legal issues)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Return two certified copies of Resolution R-14-067 and return one original and two certified copies of Applications for Federal Assistance and Certifications to Suzie Dobbs, Neighborhood Services Department, extension 3937.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
CDBG $1,599,871.00; HOME $469,424.00, ESG $134,683.00
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Draft 2014-2015 Action Plan.pdf
Attachment: Resolution R-14-067 - 2014-15 Action Plan.pdf
Attachment: Certifications - 2014-15.pdf
Attachment: CDBG SF 424.pdf
Attachment: HOME SF 424.pdf
Attachment: ESG SF 424.pdf
Attachment: Proof of Advertising.pdf