|REVISED June 16, 2015 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #66
2015/16 Community Development Block Grant Annual Action Plan
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Bill O'Shea, Community Development Project Manager - X6858
Cheri R. Coryea, Director - X3468
Public Hearing and adoption of Resolution R-15-085, approving the 2015/16 Annual Action Plan, and authorizing the Chairman to sign all appropriate submission documents for transmittal to the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
24 CFR Part 91 (Consolidated Plan regulations)
Manatee County's Citizen Participation Plan
11.1.4 Efficiency in Service Delivery (Comprehensive Plan)
- Manatee County Government is an entitlement community for the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG), HOME Investment Partnership (HOME), and Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG) Program funding through HUD.
- HUD has allocated $1,620,289.00 in CDBG, $437,074.00 in HOME, and $142,607.00 in ESG funding to Manatee County Government. Additionally, $75,242.00 of unallocated CDBG funding from prior years will be used to fund 2015/16 CDBG activities.
- An additional $9,282.00 of CDBG FY12/13 unexpended funds have been identified but not allocated in the current Action Plan. Upon completion of the next reconciliation, these funds will roll back into the overall CDBG allocation for use.
- HUD guidelines require the adoption of an Annual Action Plan outlining the needs and goals for the use of the funds, which must be made available for a 30-day public review and comment period.
- Staff held three community meetings to receive input from the citizens on unmet needs through the County, and solicited citizen input through the County's website.
- The draft Annual Action Plan has been available online for the required 30-day comment period since May 16, 2015, and has also been available at the Central, Rocky Bluff, South County, and Palmetto libraries as well as the office of the Neighborhood Services Department.
- All comments from the Board and the public will be incorporated into the final plan that is submitted to HUD.
- Staff has considered Board priorities, Five-Year Consolidated Plan strategies and priorities, citizen comments, and applications by non-profit agencies.
- Staff used the same considerations in evaluating all funding requests and presents an Annual Action Plan that is consistent with the federal regulations and allowable expenditures of the program.
- Annual Action Plan activities were further scrutinized for timely expenditure within the fiscal year, impacts to future operating expenses, focus on community improvements, and proper procurement methods in accordance with HUD regulations and guidelines.
- Staff is seeking approval and execution of Resolution R-15-085, the Applications for Federal Assistance, and Certifications for the 2015/16 Annual Action Plan.
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (No apparent legal issues)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Return two certified copies of Resolution R-15-085 and return one original and two certified copies of Applications for Federal Assistance and Certifications to Bill O'Shea, Neighborhood Services Department, X6858.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
$1,695,531.00 CDBG, $437,074.00 HOME, $142,607.00 ESG, $9,282.00 CDBG FY12/13 unallocated
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: 15 CDBG SF 424.pdf
Attachment: 15 HOME SF 424.pdf
Attachment: 15 ESG SF 424.pdf
Attachment: 15 Certifications.pdf
Attachment: Resolution R-15-085 - 2015-16 Action Plan.pdf
Attachment: Final Draft Action Plan 2015.pdf
Attachment: CDBG Project Location Map.pdf