|REVISED June 16, 2015 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #23
Agreement for the Home Care for the Elderly (HCE) Grant Funds 15/16
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Tracie Adams, Human Services Manager / ext. 3030
- Adoption of Resolution R-15-090 authorizing the acceptance of agreement HCE-15/16-MAN from the Senior Connection Center, Inc., for the Home Care for the Elderly grant program in the amount of $40,325 in State Funds for the time period July 1, 2015, to September 30, 2016.
- Adoption of Budget Resolution B-15-064 amending the annual budget for Manatee County Florida for fiscal year 2014/2015.
Florida Statute Chapter 125
- Agreement HCE-15/16-MAN will allow for the continuation of caregiver reimbursement services to clients under this program in Manatee County.
- Approximately 25 clients will be assisted under this program annually.
- There is no match required for this grant program.
- Manatee County was designated by the Department of Elder Affairs through the Senior Connection Center, Inc., as the Lead Agency for the HCE grant program on January 1, 1996.
- HCE grant funds are provided by the state through the Senior Connection Center, Inc., to provide Case Management, Basic and Special Subsidy services to persons sixty years of age or older to prevent or delay premature institutional placement.
- The HCE program through a financial stipend encourages the provision of care for the elderly in family type living arrangements in private homes as a alternative to nursing home or other institutional care settings.
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (No apparent legal issues)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Return three originals of agreement, signed copy of Resolution R-15-090, and signed copy of Resolution B-15-064 to Community Services. One original agreement will be returned to Board Records when executed by the funding source.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
$40,325 State Funds HCE FY 15/16 1739000920
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: B-15-064 FY15-16 HCE.pdf