|REVISED June 16, 2015 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #22
Agreement for the Community Care for the Elderly (CCE) Grant Funds 15/16
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Tracie Adams, Human Services Manager / ext. 3030
- Adoption of Resolution R-15-088 authorizing the acceptance of Agreement CCE-15/16-MAN from the Senior Connection Center, Inc., for the Community Care for the Elderly grant program in the amount of $1,106,581 ($967,123 State Funds, $107,458 County Match, and $32,000 Client Co-Payments), for the time period July 1, 2015, to September 30, 2016.
- Adoption of Budget Resolution B-15-066 amending the annual budget for Manatee County Florida for fiscal year 2014/2015.
Florida Statute Chapter 125
- Authorization of Agreement CCE-15/16-MAN will allow for the continuation of in-home services for Manatee County residents 60 years of age and older.
- Manatee County has a required 10% match to these state funds.
- Approximately 150 clients will be serviced annually under this program.
- Manatee County has served as Lead Agency for the Community Care for the Elderly (CCE) grant program for the past thirty-seven years.
- CCE grant funds are provided by the state through the Senior Connection Center, Inc., to provide Case Management, Emergency Alert Response, Homemaker, Medical Transportation, Personal Care, Home Delivered Meals, Respite, Adult Daycare, and Prescription Assistance to persons sixty years of age or older to prevent or delay premature institutional placement.
- Case Management and Medical Transportation are provided by the County directly through the Community Services Department and Manatee County Area Transit respectively. All other services are provided by the County through subcontract.
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (No apparent legal issues)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Return three originals of agreement, signed copy of Resolution R-15-088, and signed copy of Budget Resolution B-15-066 to Community Services. One original agreement will be returned to Board Records when executed by funding source.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
$1,106,581 ($967,123 State Funds, $107,458 County Match, $32,000 Client Co-pay) CCE FY 15/16 1739001021
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: B-15-066 FY15-16 CCE.pdf