|Manatee County Government Administrative Building First Floor, Chambers June 1, 2017 - 9:00 a.m.|
Agenda Item #7
PA-17-02/Ordinance 17-15 - County Initiated Water Supply Facilities Work Plan - DTS20170097 - Legislative - Kathleen Thompson, AICP, Planning Manager
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Kathleen Thompson, AICP, Planning Manager,
941-748-4501 ext. 6841
Bobbi Roy, Planning Coordinator, 941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, the technical support documents, the action of the Planning Commission, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Community Planning Act as codified in applicable portions of Chapter 163, Part II, Florida Statutes and the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan, I move to TRANSMIT Plan Amendment PA-17-02, as recommended by the Planning Commission.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
Florida Statutes Chapter 163, Part II
• The state's water management districts periodically evaluate whether adequate water supplies exist to meet the needs of their areas.
• If a district finds that the water supply will not be adequate, it must prepare a regional water supply plan, identifying alternative ways in which water supply needs can be met for the next 20 years.
• Local governments that fall within an area subject to a regional water supply plan are required to amend their comprehensive plan to adopt a water supply plan covering at least a ten-year period.
• The most recent SWFWMD update was approved on November 17, 2015. Local governments are then required to adopt a 10-year Water Supply Facilities Work Plan into its comprehensive plan within 18 months of approval of the RWSP.
• The deadline to meet this requirement is May 2017. The Board of County Commissioners is anticipated to adopt the Water Supply Facilities Work Plan on May 23, 2017. This comprehensive plan text amendment will adopt the 10 year water supply plan by reference and update time frames.
• Staff recommends approval.
• On May 11, 2017, by a vote of 6 -0, the Planning Commission recommended approval. Mr. Rhoades was absent.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email to Matter 2017-0101 on April 19, 2017.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward the signed original letter to the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity to Bobbi Roy/ Building and Development Services Department.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report - Water Supply Plan Amendment.pdf
Attachment: FINAL Water Supply Plan.pdf
Attachment: Newspaper Advertising.pdf
Attachment: Transmittal Letter for DEO for Signature.pdf