|Manatee County Government Administrative Building First Floor - Chambers July 13, 2017 - 9:00 am|
Agenda Item #8
Ordinance 17-32 - Northwest Sector DRI26 - 20170130 - MEPS243 - Quasi-Judicial - Rossina Leider, Planner
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Rossina Leider, Planner, 941-748-4501 ext. 6859
Bobbi Roy, Planning Coordinator, 941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan, the Manatee County Land Development Code, and Section 380.06, Florida Statutes, subject to the conditions of approval established in the Development Order, I move to recommend APPROVAL of Ordinance No. 17-32, as recommended by staff.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
Florida Statutes, Section 380.06
• Mrs. Katie LaBarr, AICP, with Stantec Consulting Services Inc., agent for the property owners, is requesting approval of an amended and restated Development Order, pursuant to Chapter 380.06, Florida Statutes for the Northwest Sector Development of Regional Impact (DRI #26).
• A companion application to amend the Zoning Ordinance and GDP to the Northwest Sector DRI (DRI # 26) is being reviewed under a separate application [(PDMU-05-19(G)(R8)].
• The 1,518.9 ± acre site is generally located east of Lakewood Ranch Boulevard, south of 44th Avenue East extension, west of Lorraine Road, and north of S.R. 70. A 39.3 acre parcel is west of Lakewood Ranch Boulevard.
• This DRI was approved in two phases in November 1, 2007 to allow the following uses:
- 4,422 residential dwelling units (4,072 single family detached and 350 multi-family);
• Specific approval was approved for Phase I for 3,000 residential units, 200,000 square feet of retail space, 105,000 square feet of office space, and a 9.2 acre park. Phase II is conceptually approved, and is contingent to specific approval upon submittal of further transportation and air quality analyses in accordance with Section 380.06, F.S.
• An amendment of the Development Order was approved by the BOCC on August 6, 2013. The current entitlements of the Northwest Sector DRI are the following: 4,522 residential units (3,833 single-family residences and 689 multi-family units), 200,000 square feet of commercial space, 105,000 square feet of office space, and 19.2 acres of park.,
• This request includes modifying Map H and the Development Order with the following changes:
1) Add 2.3± acres to commercial area and subtract 2.3± acres from residential area;
• Staff recommends approval.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email to Matter 2017-0330 on June 19, 2017.
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report - Northwest Sector DRI Ordinance 17-32.pdf
Attachment: 1 - Maps and Aerials.pdf
Attachment: 2 - Map H.pdf
Attachment: 3 - Ordinance 17-32 in strikethrough underline format.pdf
Attachment: 4 - Newspaper Advertising.pdf
Attachment: 5 - Public Comments.pdf