|Manatee County Government Administration Building First Floor, Patricia M. Glass Chambers 9:00 am - January 9, 2020|
Agenda Item #12
PDMU-14-22(P)(R2) - Trevesta/VK Trevesta, LLC PLN1906-0064 - Quasi-Judicial - Dorothy Rainey, AICP, Senior Planner
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Presenter: Dorothy Rainey, AICP, Senior Planner, 941-748-4501 ext. 6851
Contact: Bobbi Roy, Senior Planning and Zoning Technician, 941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, the action of the Planning Commission, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as stipulated herein, I move to ADOPT Manatee County Zoning Ordinance Number PDMU-14-22(P)(R2); APPROVE the Preliminary Site Plan with Stipulations A.1–A.11, B.1, C.1-C.4, and D.1-D.7; as recommended by the Planning Commission.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• The applicant, VK Trevesta, LLC is requesting approval of a modification to an approved Preliminary Site Plan on approximately 441.3 acres, of the PDR zoned Trevesta Subdivision. Modification includes: 1. Additional wetland and wetland buffer impacts; 2. Allowance of single-family attached units in Phase 3; An increase to number of residential units in Phase 3; and 4. An increase to the multi-family building height to 4-stories.
• The site is located east of I-75 and south of 69th Street East, in Palmetto.
• The parcel is located in the UF-3 (Urban Fringe-3 dwelling units per acre) future land use category, which allows for residential development.
• Surrounding uses include: to the north the rest of the PDR zoned Trevesta development; to the south PDR zoned residential development (Covered Bridge) and PDMU zoned vacant land; to the East RSF-3, PDR, and RSF-1 zoned residential development (Fresh Meadows, Kew Gardens, and large lot residences respectively); and to the West I-75 right-of-way and across I-75 to west, PDR zoned residential development (Silverstone).
• Staff recommends approval of the modification to the PSP with Stipulations.
• On December 12, 2019, by a vote of 4 – 0, the Planning Commission recommended approval. Mr. Conerly abstained, Mr. Rahn and Mr. Rutledge were absent.
• A summary of the public comments heard at the December 12, 2019 Planning Commission public hearing on in the staff report attached to this memo.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by emails to Matter 2019-0513 on October 21, November 18 & 21, 2019.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward a copy of the executed document and letter from the Florida Department of State to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report Trevesta PDMU-14-22(P)(R2) PLN1906-0064.pdf
Attachment: 1 - Staff Report Maps.pdf
Attachment: 2 - V3 Preliminary Site Plan for BOCC (1).pdf
Attachment: 3 - CLOS-15-001 Trevesta rev4.pdf
Attachment: 4 - Environmental Narrative Rev September 2019.pdf
Attachment: 5 - Newspaper Advertising.pdf
Attachment: 6 - Ordinance PDMU-14-22(P)(R2).pdf
Attachment: 7 - Public Comments.pdf
Attachment: Revised Ordinance PDMU-14-22(P)(R2) .pdf