|Manatee County Government Administration Building First Floor, Patricia M. Glass Chambers 9:00 am - January 9, 2020|
Agenda Item #11
PDMU-19-07(Z)(G) IA Manatee/IA Manatee, LLC PLN1904-0010 - Quasi-Judicial - Rossina Leider, Principal Planner - Continued from December 5, 2019.
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Presenter: Rossina Leider, Principal Planner, 941-748-4501 ext. 6859
Contact: Bobbi Roy, Senior Planning and Zoning Technician, 941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, the action of the Planning Commission, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, I move to APPROVE Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. PDMU-19-07(Z)(G); APPROVE the General Development Plan with Stipulations A.1–A.14, B.1–B.4, C.1–C.4, D.1, E.1-E3 and F.1; ADOPT the Findings for Specific Approval; and GRANT Specific Approval of an alternative to Land Development Code Sections 403.12.D.4.a (reduction of the roadway buffer width in the North Central Overlay District from 50 to 25 feet for commercial parcels), 403.12.D.5.a (allow a variable width roadway buffer in the North Central Overlay District adjacent to stormwater ponds for residential development), 403.12.G.6.a (allow a commercial building utilized by a single tenant in the North Central Overlay and within the UF-3 FLUC to exceed 75,000 square feet), 403.12.D.3.k (reduction of the setback for pool cages and accessory structures in the North Central Overlay District from a 15-foot building setback to a 5-foot setback), 706.4.C (allow for a potential variable width wetland buffers), and 700.3.I (allow for a tree replacement method), as recommended by the Planning Commission.
Manatee County Land Development Code
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
• Ms. Rachel Layton, AICP / ZNS Engineering, L.C. and Ms. Darenda D. Marvin, AICP, /Grimes, Goebel, Grimes, Hawkins, Gladfelter & Galvano, P.L., agents for the property owner, are requesting approval of a:
- Rezone of approximately 1,129.19 acres from A/NCO (General Agriculture/North Central Overlay District) to PDMU (Planned Development Mixed Use) retaining the North Central Overlay District, and
• The vacant site is located at the southwest corner of Buckeye Road and US 301 North. Specifically, the site has frontage along Buckeye Road and US 301 (approximately 3 miles and 6,600 feet, respectively), and will be traversed (south to north) by the alignment of future Fort Hamer Road (functional classified roadways). The entire site is within the UF-3 (Urban Fringe-3) FLUC (Future Land Use Category).
• The General Development Plan (Large Project application) proposes:
- A planned mixed-use development (residential community and commercial area) including main access points along future Fort Hamer Road (4 access points), Buckeye Road (6 access points), and US 301 (3 access points). Secondary access points will be determined at PSP/FSP stage.
• The applicant requests Specific Approval for an alternative to the following Land Development Code Sections:
• The purpose of the Specific Approval request is satisfied by the proposed project’s design.
• On November 14, 2019, by a vote of 5 – 0, the Planning Commission recommended approval. Mr. Smock and Mr. Rahn had to depart during the meeting.
• A summary of the public comments heard at the November 14, 2019 Planning Commission are in the staff report attached to this memo.
• On December 5, 2019 the Board of County Commissioners continued the public hearing to January 9, 2020 at 9:00 am or as soon thereafter as same may be heard.
• A summary of the public comments heard at the December 5, 2019 Board of County Commissioners public hearing are in the staff report attached to this memo.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by emails to Matter 2019-0518 on October 16 and November 5, 2019.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward a coy of the executed document and letter from the Florida Department of State to email@example.com.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report IA Manatee PDMU-19-07(Z)(G) PLN1904-0010.pdf
Attachment: 2 - Staff Report Maps.pdf
Attachment: 3 - General Development Plan.pdf
Attachment: 4 - Traffic Impact Statement Accepted minus appendices.pdf
Attachment: 5 - Schedule of Uses as proffered by applicant.pdf
Attachment: 6 - Environmental Narrative.pdf
Attachment: 7 - Large Project Narrative Revised 2019.10.28.pdf
Attachment: 8 - Florida Department of State Letter 2018.09.27.pdf
Attachment: 9 - School Report .pdf
Attachment: 10 - Specific Approval Request Revised 2019.09.04 (3).pdf
Attachment: 11 - Zoning Disclosure Affidavits.pdf
Attachment: 12 - Newspaper Advertising.pdf
Attachment: 13 - Ordinance PDMU-19-07(Z)(G).pdf