|Manatee County Government Administration Building First Floor, Patricia M. Glass Chambers 9:00 am - January 9, 2020|
Agenda Item #10
PA-19-02/Ordinance 19-21 Our Lives/Parrish Land Investments, LLC (Large Scale Map Amendment) PLN1902-0234 - DEO19-03ESR - Legislative - Margaret Tusing, Planning Section Manager - Continued from December 5, 2019
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Presenter: Margaret Tusing, Planning Section Manager, 941-748-4501 ext. 6828
Contact: Bobbi Roy, Senior Planning and Zoning Technician, 941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based on the evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, the technical support documents, the action of the Planning Commission, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Community Planning Act as codified in applicable portions of Chapter 163, Part II, Florida Statutes and the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan, I move to ADOPT Plan Amendment PA-19-02/Ordinance 19-21, as recommended by the Planning Commission.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• Ms. Darenda Marvin, AICP, with Grimes Goebel, et al, agent of the property owner, is requesting a Comprehensive Plan Future Land Use Map amendment from RES-3 (Residential 3 dwelling units per acre) (approximately 40 acres) Future Land Use Classification to the MU (Mixed Use) Future Land Use Classification for a total of approximately 40 acres.
• The Plan Amendment site is located on the south side of 29th Street East and east of Ellenton Gillette Road, Palmetto.
• The Plan Amendment request has been modified since the Transmittal Public Hearing reducing the size of the amendment from 160-acres to 40-acres. The 40-acres are located at the northeast corner of the property and are adjacent to property currently designated MU (Mixed Use).
• On September 12, 2019, by a vote of 7 – 0, the Planning Commission recommended transmittal.
• On October 3, 2019, by a vote of 6 – 1, the Board of County Commissioners transmitted to the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity. Commissioner Trace voted nay because she it not in favor of the high density on this site.
• The Florida Department of Economic Opportunity, by a letter dated October 23, 2019 had no comments.
• The Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, by a letter dated November 8, 2019 had no comment regarding any potential adverse impact to important state resources or facilities related to agricultural, aquacultural, or forestry resources.
• The Florida Department of Historical Resources by a letter dated November 8, 2019 offered comments to the County.
• The Florida Department of Transportation by a letter dated October 25, 2019, offered three Technical Assistance Statements.
• The Florida Department of Environmental Protection, by email dates November 6, 2019, found no provision that would result in adverse impacts to important state resources.
• The Southwest Florida Water Management District, by a letter dated November 8, 2019, offered three technical assistance comments.
• Tampa Bay Regional Planning Council, by a report sent October 24, 2019 had no comments or technical assistance comments.
• On December 5, 2019 the Board of County Commissioners continued the public hearing to January 9, 2020 at 9:00 a.m., or as soon thereafter as same may be heard.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email to Matter 2019-0414 on August 19, 2019.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward a copy of the signed document to firstname.lastname@example.org for timely distribution to the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report Our Lives Parrish Land Investments LLC PA-19-02 Ord. 19-21 PLN1902-0234.pdf
Attachment: 2 - STAFF REPORT MAPS.pdf
Attachment: 3 - Legal Description.pdf
Attachment: 4.a - Parrish Land Investments-OurLives CPA TIS Acceptance Ltr 11252019.pdf
Attachment: 4.b - TIS ParrishLandInvestment - Comp Plan Amendment V04 accepted signed.pdf
Attachment: 5 - 11.19.19 School Report AMENDED Our Lives.pdf
Attachment: 6 - Applicant Narrative-11.15.19.pdf
Attachment: 7 - APPLICANT RESPONSE TO REVIEW COMMENTS 05062019.pdf
Attachment: 8 - Newspaper Advertising.pdf
Attachment: 9 - Agency Comments Combined.pdf
Attachment: 10 - Ordinance 19-21.pdf
Attachment: 11 - Public Comments.pdf
Attachment: Public Comment.pdf