|Manatee County Government Administration Building First Floor, Patricia M. Glass Chambers 9:00 am - January 9, 2020|
Agenda Item #7
1:30 p.m. Time Certain LDCT-19-04/Ordinance 20-06 - Land Development Code Amendment Chapters 2 and 3 Development Review Procedures and Resolution 20-004 Administrative Procedures Manual - Legislative - Lisa Barrett, Planning Manager
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Presenters: Lisa Barrett, Planning Manager, 941-748-4501 ext. 6884 and Pat Tyjeski, AICP, Planning Director S M&E (Consultant)
Contact: Bobbi Roy, Senior Planning and Zoning Technician, 941-748-4501 ext. 6878
LDCT-18-02/Ordinance 20-06 - Based upon the evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, the action of the Planning Commission, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, I move to ADOPT Ordinance 20-06, amending the Manatee County Land Development Code, as recommended by the Planning Commission.
Resolution 20-004 - Based upon the evidence presented and comments made at the Public Hearing, finding the Administrative Procedures Manual CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan, I move to ADOPT Resolution R-20-004, as recommended by staff.
Resolution 20-016 - I move to adopt Resolution 20-016
Manatee County Land Development Code
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
• To address the House Bill, staff and the County’s consultant drafted a Development Review Administrative Manual (Resolution 20-004) that contains administrative procedures and staff protocols for reviewing and processing applications for Development Orders or Development Permits, and draft changes to Land Development Code Chapters 2 (Definitions) and 3 (Review Authorities and Procedures), to reflect the changes in the Statutes.
• The changes to the LDC are text amendments that require Planning Commission recommendation and Board of County Commission approval, reflected in Ordinance 20-06.
• The Development Review Administrative Manual will be adopted by the Board of County Commission as a Resolution, at the same hearing as Ordinance 20-06.
• The County Administrator presented a Draft LDC Amendment Schedule to the BOCC on September 24, 2019, of which included Administrative Procedures.
• A Planning Task Force Meeting was held with staff and the public on November 21, 2019.
• Planning Commission recommended approval of Ordinance 20-06 on December 12, 2019.
• A BOCC Worksession was held on December 17, 2019. See Recap Memo of Worksession Discussion. The BOCC commented on staffing levels, fees, pre-aps and the Rapid Response process. Overall, the BOCC understood the changes are mandated by the State and will help to formalize and simplify the Development Review Process. Based on the discussion, staff revised the requirement for pre-application meetings, requiring Final Site Plan and Final Plats, as well as Public Hearing cases be mandatory, with discretionary authority given the director.
• The BOCC Adopted Hearing for the LDC Amendments and the Manual is currently scheduled for January 9, 2019.
• Staff recommends approval of the LDC Text Amendments to Chapters 2 and 3 and the Resolution adopting the Development Review Administrative Manual.
Addition of Resolution R-20-016 (Agreement of Extension of Time) attached to this memo
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by emails to Matters 2019-0478 and 2019-0490 on October 14, December 3 & 10, 2019.
Instructions to Board Records
Ordinance 20-06 - Please forward the executed document and letter from the Florida Department of State to email@example.com.
Resolution 20-004 - Please forward the executed document to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resolution R20-016 - Please forward the executed document to email@example.com
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Submittal Memo_2019 12 23.pdf
Attachment: BADS Work Session Memo Land Development Code Review 12.17.19.pdf
Attachment: ORD 20-06 LDC Dev Rvw Pro.CAO.pdf
Attachment: Chapter 2_Definitions_Admin Procedures_v4.pdf
Attachment: Ch3_RevAuthProcedures_v50_ADMIN PROCED.pdf
Attachment: RESOLUTION 20-004 Dev Rvw Proc Admin Manual.12.10.19.pdf
Attachment: Development Review Manual 2019_Part I_v15.pdf
Attachment: Newspaper Advertising.pdf
Attachment: Affidavit of Publishing Bradenton Herald Display LDC 1.9.2020 BCC.pdf
Attachment: Resolution Approving HB 7103 Time Extention Agreements.pdf