|Manatee County Government Administrative Building First Floor, Chambers January 5, 2017 - 9:00 a.m.|
Agenda Item #14
PA-16-09/Ordinance 17-03 - Airport Impact Overlay Text and Map Amendment - Legislative - Lisa Barrett, Planning Manager
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Kelley Klepper, AICP, Kimley-Horn and Associates (Consultant)
Lisa Barrett, Planning Manager, 941-748-4501 ext. 6884
Bobbi Roy, Planning Coordinator, 941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, the technical support documents, the action of the Planning Commission, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Community Planning Act as codified in applicable portions of Chapter 163, Part II, Florida Statutes and the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan, I move to TRANSMIT Plan Amendment PA-16-09, as recommended by the Planning Commission.
Florida Statutes, Chapter 163, Part II
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• The Florida Legislature has amended Florida Statute 333, Airport Zoning (F.S. 333), effective July 1, 2016, which will impact the airport zoning regulations of almost all airport zoning authorities, including Manatee County, and require amendments to the County’s existing regulations by July 1, 2017.
• F.S. 333 requires that every political subdivision having an airport hazard area (any area where an airport hazard/obstruction might be established) within its territorial limits shall adopt, administer, and enforce in the manner and conditions prescribed in F.S. 333, airport zoning regulations.
• Manatee County’s Comprehensive Plan, specifically the Future Land Use, Aviation Sub-Element of the Transportation Element, and Definitions, forms the basis for the County’s airport zoning standards located within Chapter 4, Section 401.2 of the Manatee County Land Development Code. The County’s Comprehensive Plan, specifically these Elements, are required to be amended in order to provide consistency between the Plan and the implementing Zoning standards. In addition to the proposed Comprehensive Plan text amendments, the Comprehensive Plan Future Land Use Map Series and related Maps are required to be amended to reflect currently adopted noise studies/contours which serve as the basis for the AI Airport Impact Overlay district.
• Subsequent to these amendments to the Comprehensive Plan and Future Land Use Map series, the County will be bringing forward corresponding amendments to Chapter 4 – Zoning, specifically Section 401.2 relating to the Airport Impact (AI) Overlay Zoning District and its requirements.
• In order to be consistent with State Statute, staff recommends approval of the amendments.
• On December 8, 2016, by a vote of 6 – 0, the Planning Commission recommended approval. Mr. Conerly abstained from this item.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email to Matter 2016-0803 on November 17, 2016.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward the original letter to Bobbi Roy/ Building and Development Services Department for distribution to the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity. There is a deadline of 10 days for transmittal package to DEO.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report - Comprehensive Plan Amendment - Airport Regs. - PA-16-09 Ordinance 17-03.pdf
Attachment: Exhibit A-D (3) (002) (2).pdf
Attachment: Newspaper Advertising.pdf
Attachment: Ordinance 17-03 - Airport Regs Comp Plan - Draft Ordinance.pdf
Attachment: Transmittal Letter for DEO for Signature.pdf