|Manatee County Government Administrative Center First Floor, Commissioner Chambers 9:00 a.m. - January 29, 2013|
Agenda Item #29
Acquisition of property purchase, Rohr, Parcel 111, 44TH Avenue East (30th Street East to 45th Street East) Road Right of Way Improvement Project
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Lynn Willis, Property Management, x 6287
Joaquin Servia, Division Manager, Property Acquisition, x 3021
Authorization for Chairman to execute Contract for Sale and Purchase for a Warranty Deed from Gregory Rohr and Barbara Rohr, for the 44th Avenue East (30th Street East to 45th Street East) Road Right of Way Improvement Project in the amount of $215,000.
Section 125 seq., Florida Statutes, County Government
• The original 44th Avenue East Road Right of Way Improvement Project was approved in the FY 1994/1995 CIP on February 25, 1994 and reapproved in FY 2009/2010 CIP on September 15, 2009, Resolution R-09-219.
• Parcel 111 is improved with a single family residence located at 4302 39th Street East. The project required a partial take of 19,156 square feet.
• On October 23, 2012, Appraiser Shawn Wilson, MAI of Compass Real Estate Consulting, Inc. determined the value of the area for acquisition at: $38,400 for land, $14,600 for improvements that include sod, shell driveway, shed/carport, metal shed, septic drainfield, septic, and field fencing, and $25,000 for cost to cure to demolish and remove septic system and drainfield, and $122,000 for severance as a result of the acquisition. The take is considered to reduce the market value of the remainder property, land and improvements, by 90%. Total appraised value of the parcel is $200,100.
• A settlement was reached at $215,000 for a partial take of the property, and eliminates additional costs for litigation fees, or expert fees associated with this agreement.
• The contract for Sale and Purchase for a Warranty Deed is hereby submitted to the BCC for execution in the amount of $215,000.
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (Utilizes exact document or procedure approved within the last 18 months)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Please return a copy of executed contract to Lynn Willis, Property Acquisition, Property Management Department, with a copy to Christy Cultrera in Finance.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
335-6071160, 44TH Avenue East (30th Street East to 45th Street East) Road Right of Way Improvement Project
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: contract rohr.pdf
Attachment: contract backup.pdf
Attachment: 44th Ave E Parcel 111 - Rohr.pdf