|REVISED January 27, 2015 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #12
Children's Services Annual Plan
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Brenda Rogers, Director
Community Services, x 3489
Andy Guyre, Human Services Division Manager
Community Services, x 3493
Approval of the Children's Services Annual Plan for FY2015/2016.
Authorization to announce availability of approximately $8,000,000 in County Children's Services funding for programs and services serving children in Manatee County for FY2015/2016.
Manatee County Code 2-2-251 through 2-2-259
Ordinances 91-42, 94-28, 97-30, 99-30
The Children's Services Advisory Board reviews and evaluates children and family indicator data in an ongoing basis in their determination of the types of programs that should be recommended to meet the needs of children and families in our community.
Ordinance 91-42 requires the Children's Services Advisory Board to submit to the Board by January 30th of each year an annual report which shall be made available to the public and include a plan for children's services. The attached Annual Plan for FY2016 contains the following:
- Funding Goals and Priorities for Fiscal Year 2015/2016 The plan states new initiatives of the Advisory Board to address child and family issues, some of which were identified during the October 14, 2014, Work Session and others identified through the review of indicator data during the Advisory Board's Annual Retreat held on November 9, 2014. Applications for funding, which will address these goals and priorities begins in January 2015 and programs approved to receive funding from October 1, 2015, through September 30, 2016.
- Funding Priority Purpose Categories The Purpose Categories represent the preliminary determination of the nature and types of programs and services that Children's Services Advisory Board recommends for funding.
- Funded Program Report For each Purpose Category, the report reflects the goal, the number of clients that received services in FY2013/2014, the amount of funding for FY2014/2015. In addition, the report includes the most recent accomplishments or outcome results of the funded programs along with the corresponding determination of needs, which includes data monitored and gathered from a variety of reliable and relevant local, state, and national data sources and research. New programs, funded for the first time in FY14/15, denote proposed outcomes in the absence of measured outcome results.
- FY2013/2014 Program Client Demographics The pie chart shows the number of clients that received services per Purpose Category for the period of October 1, 2013, through September 30, 2014.
- FY2014/2015 Children's Services General Budget The pie chart shows a general breakdown of Children's Services Tax.
- FY14/15 Program Funding by Purpose Category The pie chart shows a breakdown of allocations of Children's Services Tax for programs operating from October 1, 2014, through September 30, 2015.
For FY2015/2016 the non-profit agency funding application used by the County will be web-based. A hard copy of the funding application is available upon request.
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (No apparent legal issues)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
$8,000,000 - 104.0015002
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: 2016 Annual Plan.pdf