|REVISED January 26, 2016 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #21
Children's Services Annual Plan
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Brenda Rogers, Director
Community Services, x 3489
Andy Guyre, Human Services Division Manager
Community Services, x 3493
Allen Donahue, Human Services Program Manager
Community Services, x 3467
Approval of the Children's Services Annual Plan for FY16/17.
Authorization to announce availability of approximately $8,000,000 in County Children's Services funding for programs and services serving children in Manatee County for FY16/17.
Manatee County Code 2-2-251 through 2-2-259
Ordinances 91-42, 94-28, 97-30, 99-30
The Children's Services Advisory Board reviews and evaluates children and family indicator data on an ongoing basis in their determination of the types of programs that should be recommended to meet the needs of children and families in our community.
Ordinance 91-42 requires the Children's Services Advisory Board to submit to the Board of County Commissioners by January 30th of each year an annual report which shall be made available to the public and include a plan for children's services. The attached Annual Plan for FY2017 contains the following:
Fiscal Year 2016/2017
- Funding Goals and Priorities - The process of establishing the funding goals and priorities included a review of comprehensive risk factor and indicator data gathered from a variety of reliable local, state, and national resources. In the process of analyzing the data and discussion of known indicators of issues facing our community's children and their families, the Advisory Board identified needs within the community and gaps in available services that may be addressed by new programs and enhancements to existing program services.
- Funding Priority Purpose Categories - Purpose Categories represent the preliminary determination of the nature and types of programs and services that Children's Services Advisory Board recommends for funding. The Purpose Categories include: Crisis Stabilization; Family Strengthening and Support; Early Childhood Health, Education, and Development; Out of School Time and Youth Development; Prevention of At-Risk Youth Behaviors; and Redirection of Risky Youth Behaviors.
- Children's Services Special Initiatives - There are two special initiatives for the upcoming fiscal year:
- Adoption Preservation and Support
- Community Needs Assessment.
Fiscal Year 2015/2016
- Funding Priority Purpose Categories - Programs funded for the current fiscal year were based on the following Purpose Categories: School Readiness; Family Strengthening and Support; Out of School Time and Youth Development; Prevention and Redirection; Crisis Stabilization; and Maternal and Child Health.
- Funding Charts - The FY15/16 Funding Priority Purpose Category charts report the following:
- Total funds allocated per category
- Total number of programs funded per category
Fiscal Year 2014/2015
- Funding Charts - The FY14/15 Funding Priority Purpose Category charts report the following:
- Total funds paid per category
- Total number of clients served per category
- Funding Priority Purpose Categories - For each of the FY14/15 Funding Purpose Categories, the following information has been reported:
- Purpose Category Goal
- Total amount of expended funds
- Total number of clients served
- Type of programs funded
- Program Accomplishments/Outcomes
- Preliminary determination of need (data)
Applications for funding, which will address these goals and priorities, will begin in January 2016. The non-profit agency funding application used by the County will be web-based.
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (No apparent legal issues)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
$8,000,000 - 104.0015002
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: 2017 Children's Services Annual Plan.pdf