|Manatee County Government Administrative Center Commission Chambers, First Floor 9:00 a.m. - January 16, 2014|
Agenda Item #2
LDCT-13-04/ORDINANCE 14-02 - LAND DEVELOPMENT CODE AMENDMENT BONDS - LEGISLATIVE - Kathleen Thompson
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Kathleen Thompson, AICP
941-748-4501 Ext. 6841
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public hearing, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan, I move to recommend ADOPTION of Manatee County Ordinance 14-02 fka 13-40, amending the Manatee County Land Development Code (Ordinance 90-01, as amended), as recommended by staff.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• The Land Development Code requires private improvements within a subdivision to have a security bond to cover 200% the cost of construction plus a 3% administrative fee.
• With the down turn in the economy and tighter lending regulations, developers are not able to secure such a large bond from financial institutions.
• Staff recommends the security performance for private improvements be equal to the percentage required for public improvements which is 130% of the current cost of construction.
• Staff also recommends the wetland mitigation security bond be increased from the current 115% to equal the same percent required for public/private improvements (130%). The additional percent represents the cost estimate plus the addition of potential CIP adjustments, project contingency and indirect costs.
• The procedural requirements for installation and bonding of subdivision improvements is being removed from Section 722.3 and put back in Chapter 9 - Subdivision Standards with a new Section 910.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
William Clague reviewed and responded by email on 12/31/2013.
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: 140116 PC Packet.pdf
Attachment: Ordinance 14-02 ldct-13-04.pdf