|REVISED January 12, 2017 - Planning Commission|
Agenda Item #5
PDMU-15-19(G) - I-75 Office Park, LLC/I-75 Office Park - DTS20150347 - M488 - Quasi-Judicial - Rossina Leider, Planner
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Rossina Leider, Planner, 941-748-4501 ext. 6859
Bobbi Roy, Planning Coordinator, 941-748-4501 ext. 6878
REVISED RECOMMENDED MOTION:
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, I move to recommend APPROVAL of the General Development Plan (Options A, B, and C) with Stipulations: A.1-A.8, B.1-B.2, and C.1-C.
5 4 for Option A, Stipulations A.1-A.13, B.1-B.2, and C.1-C. 5 4 for Option B, and Stipulations A.1-A.15, B.1-B.2, and C.1-C. 5 4 for Option C; MAKING Specific Findings that the proposed residential buildings within Option B and Option C exceeding 35 feet in height are consistent with Section 402.7.D.9 of the Land Development Code; and GRANTING Special Approval for a project: 1) adjacent to perennial stream, 2) within the Watershed Protection Evers Overlay District, 3) within the Special Treatment Overlay District, 4) within a designated Entranceway, and 5) within the MU FLUC, as recommended by staff.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• Ms. Rachel Layton, AICP, with ZNS Engineering, agent for the property owner, is requesting approval of a General Development Plan to allow for three development options as follows:
- Option A: 99,516 sq. ft. of office space,
- Option B: 33,200 sq. ft. of office space and 234-bed assisted living facility, or
- Option C: 160 multi-family residential units.
• The 19.17± acre site is located on the east side of I-75 and west of Town Center Parkway. The site is zoned PDMU/WP-E/ST (Planned Development Mixed Use/Watershed Protection Evers/Special Treatment Overlay Districts), within the MU (Mixed Use) Future Land Use Category (FLUC), and a designated Entranceways of the County (I-75/SR 70).
• The site has been developed according to the approved layout of PDMU-98-02/FSP-01-61(R), with the incorporation of the minor changes approved by the PDMU-98-02/FSP-11-43. The previous approval includes a total of 20.42 acres which are part of a condominium figure. The current application excludes 1.25 acres that are under a different ownership and where are located four (4) buildings (33,628 square feet of office space).
• The proposed uses are included in the range of potential uses allowed within the MU FLUC, consisting of non-residential uses such as retail, wholesale, offices uses and light industrial, as well suburban and urban residential uses. The maximum gross and net density allowed within this future land use designation is nine (9) dwelling units per acre and twenty (20) dwelling units per acre, respectively. The maximum Floor Area Ratio (FAR) is 1.0.
• The development options are subject to the regulations of the correspondent single use(s) of the Planned Development District that is proposed within each option, the Entranceway requirements (LDC Section 900), the Special Treatment Overlay District (LDC Section 403.9), and the Watershed Protection Overlay District (LDC Section 403.10).
• 40% of the site is designated as open space, and adequate setbacks and buffers will be provided.
• Special Approval granted by the Board of County Commissioners is required for a project:
- Adjacent to a perennial stream (Cooper Creek), within the WP-E (Watershed Protection Evers) Overlay District, within the ST (Special Treatment) Overlay District, within an Entranceway of the County (I-75/SR 70), and within the MU (Mixed Use) FLUC.
• Any Specific Approval has been requested.
• Staff recommends approval.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email which are attached to this memo.
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report - I-75 Office Park.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 2 - Staff Report Maps.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 3 - General Development Plan Option A.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 3 - General Development Plan Option B.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 3 - General Development Plan Option C.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 4 - Building Elevations.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 6 - 11 18 16 School Report I-75 Office Park.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 7 - CAO Comments - 2016-0388 and 2016-0807.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 8 - Newspaper Advertising.pdf