|Manatee County Government Administrative Building First Floor, Chambers January 12, 2017 - 9:00 a.m.|
Agenda Item #4
PDC-16-09(Z)(G) - Floridian Properties, Inc./RCCW Development - DTS20160203 - Quasi-Judicial - Margaret Tusing, Principal Planner
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Margaret Tusing, Principal Planner, 941-748-4501 ext. 6828
Bobbi Roy, Planning Coordinator, 941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, I move to recommend ADOPTION of Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. PDC-16-09(Z)(G); APPROVAL of the General Development Plan with Stipulations 1 through 6; GRANTING Special Approval for a project in the MU (Mixed Use) Future Land Use Category, as recommended by staff.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• Mr. Don Neu, AICP, agent for the property owner, is requesting the zoning of a 9.75 acre parcel from A-1, NC-S, LM, and PDI to PDC and the approval of a General Development Plan for an approximately 51,000 square foot commercial / retail development on approximately 9.75 acres.
• The RCCW Development project is located at the southeast and southwest corners of SR 64 East and School House Road and north of the Lena Road Landfill property and is commonly known as 9500, 9516, 9602, 9616, and 9812 SR 64 East.
• The parcel is located in the MU (Mixed Use) future land use category which allows a floor area ratio (FAR) of 1.00; the project proposes a FAR of 0.12.
• Special Approval is required because the project is located within the Mixed Use Future Land Use Category.
• No Specific Approvals are requested.
• Surrounding uses include on the north side of SR 64 East: Greenfield Plantation & Golf Course, Haile Middle and Freedom Elementary Schools; to the south the Lena Road Landfill; to the east is a retention pond and offices, and to the west is vacant property.
• The Applicant has voluntarily proffered a Schedule of Uses (attached as Exhibit “B” to the zoning ordinance) specifying and limiting the uses within this development.
• Water, Sewer and Reclaimed water are available to serve the project. The utilities are located in SR 64 East.
• 20% open space is required (1.95 acres).
• Staff recommends approval with Stipulations.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email to Matter 2016-0838 December 19, 2016.
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report - RCCW Development - PDC-16-09(Z)(P).pdf
Attachment: Attachment 2 - Maps.pdf
Attachment: ATTACHMENT 3 - Zoning Disclosure Affidavit.pdf
Attachment: ATTACHMENT 4 - GDP 111816.pdf
Attachment: ATTACHMENT 5 - Schedule of Uses for RCCW.pdf
Attachment: ATTACHMENT 6 - TIA 2016-11-16.pdf
Attachment: ATTACHMENT 7 - School Report.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 8 - Newspaper Advertising.pdf