|REVISED January 10, 2017 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #26
FTA Federal Fiscal Year 2017 Certifications and Assurances
Contact and/or Presenter Information
William P. Steele, Transit Division Manager, William.Steele@mymanatee.org, (941) 747-8621 x7440
Chad Butzow, P.E., Deputy Director of Field Operations Services, Chad.Butzow@mymanatee.org, (941) 708-7450 x7432
- Authorization for the Chairperson to sign the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) FY 2017 Certifications and Assurances.
- Authorization for Public Works Fiscal Staff to electronically transmit the updated FY 2017 Certifications and Assurances to the FTA.
Pursuant to 49 U.S.C. 5323(n), Resolution R-16-175
- As a continuing recipient of FTA funds, Manatee County is required to update annually the Certifications and Assurances documentation in order to maintain eligibility for FTA grant funding. This includes the FTA Section 5307 and 5339 formula funding, and the FTA Section 5310 discretionary funding, which is administered by the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT). These are very important FTA funding programs that support public transportation service delivery in the community.
- On an annual basis, the FTA formula funding provides approximately $4 million to Manatee County for capital and operating assistance, including funding for preventive maintenance expenses that support daily operations for the Transit and Para-transit/Handy Bus Fleet.
- On December 13, 2016, the Manatee County Board of County Commissioners (BCC) adopted Resolution R-16-175 authorizing the submittal of capital and operating assistance grant applications to the FDOT for FY 2017 FTA Section 5310 Program funding; and these applications will soon undergo review by the FDOT. Manatee County cannot receive this FTA funding without updating the annual Certifications and Assurances. In fact, before the FTA may award a federal grant, cooperative agreement, loan, line of credit, loan guarantee, master credit agreement, or State Infrastructure Bank (SIB) cooperative agreement, certain FTA Certifications and Assurances are required.
- Each FTA grant applicant's Authorized Representative, must sign all Certifications and Assurances to support FTA grant application submittals in Federal Fiscal Year (FFY) 2017.
- Recipients applying for federal assistance under any of the FTA's formula or discretionary programs are expected to submit their FY 2017 Certifications and Assurances within 90 days from the date they were published in the Federal Register. The Register was just recently published on December 20, 2016.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
- The County Attorney is required to provide affirmation that the Manatee County BCC has authority under state, local, or tribal government law, as applicable, to make and comply with the FTA Certifications and Assurances.
- Each FTA Recipient with an active FTA Grant Project or recent FTA Grant Award must provide an "Affirmation of Applicant's Attorney" pertaining to the Applicant's (i.e. Manatee County's) legal capacity.
- These are not new FTA requirements, and the County Attorney's Office is familiar with the annual submission process for the Certifications and Assurances.
Instructions to Board Records
Please return two (2) signed copies of the FTA FFY 2017 Certifications of Assurances to Edrick Sweeting, Grants Administrator, Edrick.Sweeting@mymanatee.org, x7354. The fully executed Certifications and Assurances are then electronically transmitted to the FTA by Public Works/Fiscal in the Transit Award Management System (TrAMS).
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: FTA FY 2017 Certifications and Assurances.pdf
Attachment: Resolution R-16-175 Signed.pdf