|Manatee County Government Administrative Building First Floor - Chambers February 9, 2017 - 9:00 a.m.|
Agenda Item #5
PDC-16-20(G) - Manatee River Groves, Inc./Xpress Storage (fka Lakewood Storage Ph III) - DTS20160422 - Quasi-Judicial - Barney Salmon, Planner
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Barney Salmon, Planner, 941-748-4501 ext. 6902
Bobbi Roy, Planning Coordinator, 941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, I move to recommend APPROVAL of Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. PDC-16-20(G); APPROVAL of the General Development Plan with Stipulations A.1 - A.6, B.1 - B.2, C.1 - C.2, D.1, and E.1; GRANTING Special Approval for a project with a non-residential square footage exceeding 30,000 square feet in the UF-3 Future Land Use Categories; ADOPTION for the Findings for Specific Approval; and GRANTING Specific Approval for an alternative to Land Development Code Section 531.31.A; as recommended by staff.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• Rachel Layton – ZNS Engineering, agent for the owner, Manatee River Groves Inc, is requesting approval of a General Development Plan for a mini warehouse consisting of +43,742 square feet to include outdoor storage on approximately 5.38 acres for property located in the southeast corner of State Road 64 and Lorraine Road.
• The property is currently zoned PDC (Planned Development Commercial) zoning district.
• The project is within the ROR (Retail Office Residential) Future Land Use Category, which allows a maximum floor area ratio of .35 for mini-warehouse.
• The request for a mini warehouse and outdoor storage is for the expansion of the existing mini warehouse contiguous to this proposal.
• The applicant is requesting both Special Approval and Specific Approval:
1. Specific Approval is required to be requested because the mini-warehouse project size exceeds 12 acres as conditioned in Section 531.31.A.
2. Special Approval is required to be requested because the project exceeds the 30,000 square foot threshold permitted in UF-3 for a commercial project.
• Staff is recommends Approval with Stipulations.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email to Matter 2017-0008 on January 10, 2017.
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report - Xpress Storage - PDC-16-20(G) - DTS20160422 - MEPS604.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 2 - Staff report Maps.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 3 - GDP.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 4 - ZO PDC-00-09(Z)(G).pdf
Attachment: Attachment 5 - ZO PDC-04-32(Z)(P).pdf
Attachment: Attachment 6 - Specific Approval request.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 7 - Environmental Due-Diligence.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 8 - Newspaper Advertising.pdf