|Manatee County Government Administrative Center Commission Chambers, First Floor 10:00 a.m. - February 6, 2014|
Agenda Item #6
LDCT-13-04 Ordinance 14-02 fka 13-40 - Land Development Code Amendment Bonds - Kathleen Thompson, AICP
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Kathleen Thompson, AICP
941-748-4501 ext. 6841
REVISED RECOMMENDED MOTION:
I move to continue the public hearing for Ordinance 14-02 fka 13-40 to February 25, 2014 at 9:00 a.m., or as soon thereafter as same may be heard at the Manatee County Government Administrative Center, 1st Floor Chambers.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Develoment Code
• The Land Development Code requires private improvements within a subdivision to have a security bond to cover 200% the cost of construction plus a 3% administrative fee.
• With the down turn in the economy and tighter lending regulations, developers are not able to secure such a large bond from financial institutions.
• Staff recommends the security performance for private improvements be equal to the percentage required for public improvements which is 130% of the current cost of construction.
• Staff also recommends the wetland mitigation security bond be increased from the current 115% to equal the same percent required for public/private improvements (130%). The additional percent represents the cost estimate plus the addition of potential CIP adjustments, project contingency and indirect costs.
• The procedural requirements for installation and bonding of subdivision improvements is being removed from Section 722.3 and put back in Chapter 9 - Subdivision Standards with a new Section 910.
• On January 16, 2014, by a vote of 5 – 2, the Planning Commission recommended approval. Mr. Bower and Mr. Conerly voted nay.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
William Clague reviewed and responded by email on December 31, 2013.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward a copy of the executed document to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report - Land Development Code Amendment Bonds - Ord. 14-02 - 2-6-14 BC.pdf
Attachment: Ordinance - Land Development Code Amendment Bonds - Ord. 14-02 - 2-6-14 BC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - Land Development Code Amendment Bonds - Ord. 14-02 - 2-6-14 BC.pdf