|REVISED February 10, 2015 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #10
Resolution R-15-026 - Amended Fee Schedule for Planning, Zoning, and Land Development Activities
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Tammy Boggs, Customers Service Support Manager
941-748-4501, Ext. 3817
Adoption of Resolution R-15-026, amending the fee schedule:
- Adding an application and review fee for the Historical Landmark Designation under the Historic Preservation.
- Adjusting the Tree Removal/Replacement Fee.
- Subsection 125.01(1)(g), Florida Statutes, authorized the Board of County Commissioners of each County to prepare and enforce a Comprehensive Plan for the development of the County.
- Subsection 125.01(1)(h), Florida Statutes, authorized the Board of County Commissioners of each County to establish, coordinate, and enforce zoning and such regulations as are necessary for the protection of the public.
- The Board of County Commissioners of Manatee County, Florida, previously adopted the Manatee County Land Development Code.
- The Board of County Commissioners of Manatee County, Florida, previously adopted the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan.
- The Land Development Code provides that fees may be charged for various costs involved in processing applications, petitions, and various related matters.
Adoption of the attached Resolution R-15-026 repealing Resolution R-14-130.
- An application and review fee is being added under Historic Preservation for the Historic Landmark Designation. Fee will be $1,200 plus advertising costs. The Historic Landmark Designation will require two public hearings. One before the Historic Preservation Board and one before the Board of County Commissioners. The fee is based on an estimated time spent on a project by Planner, County Attorney, and Agenda Coordinator.
- Adjustment under the Tree Removal/Replacement section.
- Clarification that no fee may be required for tree removal/replacement on single family lots.
- Deletion of the fee for tree replacement of a 5" & 7" caliper tree.
- Proposed increase for tree replacement of 3" & 4" caliper trees.
- This fee is used for furnishing and installing landscape-sized trees in Manatee County
- The increased fee assessment is based on the cost of the plant at the nursery and the contractor installation costs for a 3" & 4" caliper tree.
- The current market cost of trees has experienced a steep increase over the past year.
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (No apparent legal issues)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Please send approved copy of agenda memorandum and attachments to: John.Barnott@mymanatee.org, Tammy.Boggs@mymanatee.org, and Glenna.Campana@mymanatee.org
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Development Review Fee Schedule R-15-026 w-out Sun.pdf
Attachment: Resolution 15-026 - 2015 Amended Development Review Fee Schedule _ adding Historical.pdf