|REVISED February 10, 2015 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #17
Resolution R-15-021 declaring a public hearing on February 24, 2015 at 9:00 a.m. to vacate a platted drainage easement within Creekwood East located at the intersection of State Road 70 and Interstate 75.
Contact and/or Presenter Information
John Agostinelli, Property Acquisition Division Manager, Property Management, Extension 3021
Charles Meador, Real Property Specialist, Property Acquisition Division, Property Management, Extension 6289
ADOPT Resolution R-15-021.
- Land Development Code Chapter 9, Section 911.3, Public Hearing Requirements for Vacation of Streets, Roads, and Other Appropriate Property.
- Section 177.101, et seq., Vacation and Annulment of Plats Subdividing Land.
- The Lakewood Ranch Senior Care, LLC (Applicant), is requesting vacation of a 25-foot drainage easement located between lots 10 and 11 of Creekwood East, Plat Book 50, Page 68.
- The Applicant is a developer who recently acquired the property via Warranty Deed on May 22, 2014.
- Creekwood East is a commercial subdivision plat that was recorded in September 2006.
- The Applicant is constructing a memory care facility on Lots 8 through 12 of Creekwood East. In order to complete this project, the Applicant has requested vacation of an improved platted 25-foot drainage easement.
- The drainage easement was dedicated to the public by plat and was improved with a 42-foot reinforced concrete pipe culvert structure, which conveys stormwater from Lena Road to an existing stormwater retention lake located in the western portion of Lots 6 through 11 of Creekwood East.
- Jurisdictional review by appropriate county departments and private utility companies serving the location to be vacated were notified of the intention to file a vacation. Chris Mowbray, Highway Engineering Division Manager, and Tom Gerstenberger, Stormwater Engineering Division Manager, of the Manatee County Public Works Department, both reviewed the proposed site plan for the development and requested the Applicant replace the 25-foot drainage easement with a 35-foot flowage easement.
- All expenses associated with the subject vacation will be paid by the Applicant.
- Manatee County's application filing fee of $800 has been paid.
County Attorney Review
Formal Written Review (Opinion memo must be attached)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Please return a certified copy of the resolution to Charles Meador, Property Management Department, 1112 Manatee Ave West, Suite 800, Bradenton, Florida 34205.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Lakewood Ranch Senior Care, LLC, Applicaiton and Deed.pdf
Attachment: Lakewood Ranch Senior Care, LLC, Jurisdictional Review.pdf
Attachment: Creekwood East Location Map.pdf