|Manatee County Government Administrative Building First Floor, Chambers December 7, 2017 - 9:00 am|
Agenda Item #12
PDR-15-30(Z)(P) - Myarra Property Joint Venture, LLC/Myara Subdivision (fka ESME I, LLC/Myara Subdivision) 20150439 MEPS519 - Quasi-Judicial - Rossina Leider, Principal Planner
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Rossina Leider, Principal Planner, 941-748-4501 ext. 6859
Bobbi Roy, Senior Planning & Zoning Tech./Planning Coordinator
941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, the action of the Planning Commission, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan (Future Traffic Circulation Plan) and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, I move to APPROVE Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. PDR-15-30(Z)(P); APPROVE the Preliminary Site Plan with Stipulations A.1-A.5, B.1–B.2, C.1-C.4, and D.1-D.8; GRANT Special Approval for a project: 1) adjacent to perennial stream, 2) within the Watershed Protection Evers Overlay District, 3) within the Special Treatment Overlay District, 4) within the Coastal Evacuation Area Overlay District, 5) partially within the Coastal High Hazard Overlay District, and 6) exceeding a net density of 1.0 dwelling unit per acre in the RES-1 FLUC; ADOPT the Findings for Specific Approval; and GRANT Specific Approval of an alternative to Land Development Code Section 1001.4.D.1 (Cul-de-sac length), as recommended by staff.
Manatee County Land Development Code
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
• Ms. Rachel Layton, AICP, ZNS Engineering, LC, agent for the property owner, is requesting approval of a:
- Rezone of approximately 13.71 acres from RSF-1/WP-E/ST (Residential Single-Family – one dwelling unit per acre/Watershed Protection Evers/Special Treatment Overlay Districts) to the PDR (Planned Development Residential/Watershed Protection Evers/Special Treatment Overlay Districts) (±18.67 acres are already zoned PDR), and
• The 32.68± acre vacant site is located west of 99th Street East (Pine Meadow Way) and Clubhouse Drive at 6804 99th Street East, Bradenton (Manatee County). The site is within the RES-1 (Residential – one dwelling units per acre) Future Land Use Category (FLUC), and the WP-E (Watershed Protection Evers) and ST (Special Treatment) Overlay Districts.
• The Preliminary Site Plan proposes:
• Special Approval is required to be granted by the Board of County Commissioners for a project adjacent to a perennial stream (Braden River), exceeding a net density of 1.0 dwelling unit per acre in the RES-1 FLUC, and located within the following Overlay Districts: Watershed Protection Evers, Special Treatment, Coastal Evacuation Area, and partially within the Coastal High Hazard Area. Additionally, the applicant requests Specific Approval for an alternative of LDC Section 1001.4.D.1 since the project design includes a cul-de-sac that exceed the maximum allowable length (800 feet).
• At time of Planning Commission hearing, the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan - Map 5 Series of the Traffic Circulation Plan (Map 5C and Table 5-1) identified the extension of Clubhouse Drive westward to Linger Lodge Road as a 2-lane collector thoroughfare (84 feet wide) traversing the project site. Since the PSP did not incorporate in the proposal the referenced segment of a planned thoroughfare, staff found the request “inconsistent” with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Land Development Code. The Planning Commission recommended “Denial”
• On 08/03/2017, the BOCC voted to transmit to the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity a privately initiated comprehensive plan amendment to delete a section of the Linger Lodge Road (between 93rd Street East and 99th Street East) from the County’s Future Traffic Circulation Plan. No adverse comments, issues, or objections were raised for the Florida State reviewing agencies. With the adoption of the proposed amendment by the BOCC on 10/05/2017, the applicant’s proposal associated with PDR-15-30(Z)(P) became “consistent” with the Comprehensive Plan and the Land Development Code, as will be demonstrated later in this staff report.
• Staff recommends APPROVAL with stipulations.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by emails to Matter 2017-0532 on November 8 & 13, 2017.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward a copy of the executed document and letter from the Florida Department of State to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report Myara Subdivision PDR1530ZP 20150439 M519 120717 BCC.pdf
Attachment: 2 - Staff report Maps.pdf
Attachment: 3 - Preliminary Site Plan Myara Subdivision PDR-15-30ZP 12717 BCC.pdf
Attachment: 4 - Traffic Impact Statement Myara Subdivision PDR-15-30ZP 12717 BCC.pdf
Attachment: 5 - School Report Myara Subdivision PDR1530ZP 12717 BCC.pdf
Attachment: 6 - Request for Specific Approval Myara Subdivision PDR-15-30ZP 12717 BCC.pdf
Attachment: 7 - Zoning Disclosure Affidavit Myara Subdivision PDR1530ZP 12717 BCC.pdf
Attachment: 8 - Ordinance 17-18 Plan Amendment 17-04.pdf
Attachment: 9 - Newspaper Advertising.pdf
Attachment: 10 - Ordinance PDR-15-30(Z)(P) - Myara Subdivision 20150439 MEPS519 120717 BCC.pdf
Attachment: 11.A - Public Comments 1 of 2 Myara Subdivision 120717 BCC.pdf
Attachment: 11.B - Public Comments 2 of 2 Myara Subdivision 120717 BCC.pdf