|REVISED December 5, 2013 Land Use Meeting|
Agenda Item #5
PDR-13-32(Z)(P) - David and Melanie Parrish Rezone/Woodlands Trace Subdivision (fka Prospect Road) DTS20130279 - Quasi-Judicial - Stephanie Moreland
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
941-748-4501 ext. 3880
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, I move to ADOPT Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. PDR-13-32(Z)(P); APPROVE the Preliminary Site Plan with Stipulations A.1-A.3, B.1-B.5, C.1&C.2, and D.1-D.4; ADOPT the Findings for Specific Approval; and GRANT Specific Approval for an alternative to Land Development Code Sections 714.8.7, 715.3.4, 7184.108.40.206, 722.1.4 and 907.9.1.3, as recommended by the Planning Commission.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
- Ms. Alexis Crespo, Agent for Neal Communities, requests approval of a Rezone of 29.34± acres from A-1 and A-1/WPE (Suburban Agriculture – One dwelling unit per acre/Evers Reservoir Watershed Protection Overlay District) to PDR (Planned Development Residential) zoning district and Preliminary Site Plan for 53 lots for single-family detached residences.
- The site is on the southwest corner of 63rd Avenue East and Tuttle Avenue and east side of Prospect Road commencing approximately 700 feet south of 63rd Avenue East.
- The entire site is in the RES-6 (Residential-six dwelling units per acre) Future Land Use Category (FLUC). This FLUC allows consideration of suburban or urban residential uses in the range of potential uses.
- The site is no longer within the boundaries of the Evers Reservoir Watershed Protection Overlay District. Information from a watershed analysis provided by the Public Works Department utilizing best available data from the Braden River Watershed Study indicates no impact to potable water sources.
- The design shows one entrance connecting Tuttle Avenue. There appears to be no logical connections for an inter-neighborhood tie because the surrounding area is already developed and connection to the south (where a tie exists) would result in a potential impact to a wetland.
- Recreational amenities on a total of 0.2± acres, include passive recreational areas.
- There are 6.10± acres of wetlands and 2.16± acres of wetland buffers on the site. There are no impacts proposed to the wetlands.
- Staff has the following concerns:
- The design shows four lots having reverse frontages along Prospect Road. Future residents may experience some noise impacts from vehicles traveling along Prospect Road. The site plan shows the required 20-foot wide roadway buffer and a solid fence or wall (extending from the southwest corner of Lot 21, northward to the southern tip of the stormwater pond) will be installed along Prospect Road to help alleviate noise impacts and address this concern.
- The applicant requests Specific Approval for the following:
- to reduce tree replacement sizes;
- reduce the pavement width of internal private streets to 22 feet;
- to allow one canopy tree per lot;
- no inter-neighborhood tie;
- to eliminate the required sidewalk along 63rd Avenue East due to environmental constraints (wetland) and Prospect Road.
- The applicant held a neighborhood meeting on October 1st, 2013. There were positive comments from those who attended.
- Staff recommends approval with stipulations.
- On November 14, 2013, by a vote of 4 – 0, the Planning Commission recommended approval.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and resonded by email on October 21, 2013.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward a copy of the executed document to email@example.com.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Maps - Future Land Use, Zoning and Aerial - PDR-13-32(Z)(P) - Woodlands Trace - 12-5-13 BC.pdf
Attachment: Staff Report - PDR-13-32(Z)(P) - Woodlands Trace - 12-5-13 BC.pdf
Attachment: Request for specific Approval - PDR-13-32(Z)(P) - Woodlands Trace - 12-5-13 BC.pdf
Attachment: Zoning Disclosure Affidavit - PDR-13-32(Z)(P) - Woodlands Trace - 12-5-13 BC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - PDR-13-32(Z)(P) - Woodlands Trace - 12-5-13 BC.pdf
Attachment: Ordinance - PDR-13-32(Z)(P) - Woodlands Trace - 12-5-13 BC.pdf
Attachment: Public Comment Letter - PDR-13-32(Z)(P) - Woodlands Trace - 12-5-13 BC.pdf
Attachment: Site Plan - PDR-13-32(Z)(P) - Woodlands Trace - 12-5-13 BC.pdf
Attachment: Slideshow - Planner - PDR-13-32(Z)(P) - Woodlands Trace - 12-5-13 BC.pdf