|REVISED December 3, 2013 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #26
Draft 2012-2013 Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report (CAPER) Public Hearing
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Suzie Dobbs, Community Development Manager
Public Hearing to receive citizen comments on the Community Development Block Grant and Home Investment Partnership Program draft 2012-2013 Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report (CAPER).
24 CFR 91.520
- On September 30, 2013, Manatee County completed its 2012/13 program year of the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) and Home Investment Partnership Program (HOME) activities.
- The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) requires jurisdictions to submit a performance report no later than ninety (90) days after the end of their program year.
- The performance report, called the Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report (CAPER), details the progress Manatee County made in addressing the goals and objectives identified in its approved 5-year Consolidated Plan. This is the first reporting year for the 2012-2017 Consolidated Plan.
- The CAPER also details the expenditures and accomplishments of all CDBG and HOME funded activities during the program year.
- HUD requires a formal 15-day comment period and public hearing on the CAPER. The draft CAPER was completed and made available to the public for review and comment beginning on November 18, 2013.
- Notice of the public hearing and the CAPER's availability was published in the Bradenton Herald and Siete Diaz. The CAPER is available for review on the County's website, in the Manatee County Neighborhood Services Department, the Central Library, South County Library, Braden River Library, Rocky Bluff Library, and the Palmetto Library through December 3, 2013.
- The public hearing today is to receive citizen comments on the draft 2012/13 CAPER during the Board of County Commissioners' meeting.
- All citizen comments received will be incorporated into the CAPER as applicable.
- The CAPER must be submitted to HUD no later than December 30, 2013.
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (No apparent legal issues)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Siete Dias 11-15-13.pdf
Attachment: Bradenton Herald 11-16-13.pdf
Attachment: 2012-13 CAPER - BOCC.pdf