|Manatee County Government Administrative Building First Floor, Chambers December 1, 2016 - 9:00 AM|
Agenda Item #13
PDMU-16-12(Z)(G) - LWR Commerce Park, LLC/Lorraine Corners Northeast - DTS20160251 - MEPS566 - Quasi-Judicial - Margaret Tusing, Principal Planner
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Margaret Tusing, Principal Planner, 941-748-4501 ext. 6828
Bobbi Roy, Planning Coordinator, 941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, the action of the Planning Commission, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, I move to ADOPT Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. PDMU-16-12(Z)(G); APPROVE the General Development Plan with Stipulations A.1, B.1-B.3, C.1-C.4, and D.1-D.
Manatee County Land Development Code
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
o A maximum of 220 residential uses
• The proposed rezoning and GDP site is approximately ±67.94 acres generally located north of SR 70 East, south of 59th Avenue East, east of Lorraine Road, and west of Post Boulevard.
• The parcel is located in the ROR (Retail/Office/Residential – 18.18 acres) and MU-C (Mixed Use – Community – 49.76 acres) future land use categories. Surrounding uses include single family residential, commercial, recreational, and institutional uses.
• Infrastructure is available in Lorraine Road, 59th Avenue East, and SR 70 East.
• Specific Approval is requested to reduce the minimum front yard in the PDC zoning district from 35-feet to 30-feet for projects located on local streets (LDC Section 402.11.D.3)
• Special Approvals are required for:
o Project located within the Watershed Overlay
• 35% open space is required for residential uses and 30% is required for non-residential uses (watershed protection requirement); the applicant proposes 47% open space.
• Staff recommends approval.
• On November 10, 2016, by a vote of 4 – 0, the Planning Commission recommended approval. Mr. Conerly, Mr. Bower and Mr. Horrigan were absent.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email on October 17, 2016.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward a copy of the executed document and letter from the Florida Department of State to email@example.com
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report - Lorraine Corner NE - PDMU-16-12(Z)(G).pdf
Attachment: ATTACHMENT 2 - Zoning Disclosure Affidavit - EXE.pdf
Attachment: ATTACHMENT 3 - Request for Specific Approval.pdf
Attachment: ATTACHMENT 4 - LORRAINE COR NE_GDP - BOCC.pdf
Attachment: ATTACHMENT 5 - MAPS.pdf
Attachment: ATTACHMENT 6 - PD Schedule of Uses.pdf
Attachment: ATTACHMENT 7 - Lorraine-Corners_NE_TIS_Report_RTC2.pdf
Attachment: ATTACHMENT 8 - SCHOOL REPORT.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 9 - Newspaper Advertising .pdf
Attachment: Attachment 10 - Ordinance -Lorraine Corners NE - PDMU-16-12(Z)(G).pdf
Attachment: Revised Ordinance -Lorraine Corners NE - PDMU-16-12(Z)(G).pdf