|REVISED December 1, 2015 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #37
Draft 2014-15 Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report (CAPER) Public Hearing
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Contact Person: Bill O'Shea, Community Development Project Manager, extension 6858
Presenter: Cheri R. Coryea, Director, extension 3468
Public Hearing to receive citizen comments on the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG), HOME Investment Partnership Program (HOME), and Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG) draft 2014/15 Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report (CAPER).
24 CFR 91.520
- On September 30, 2015, Manatee County completed its 2014/15 program year of the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG), HOME Investment Partnership Program (HOME), and Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG) programs.
- The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) requires jurisdictions to complete and submit a performance report no later than ninety (90) days after the end of their program year.
- The performance report, called the Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report (CAPER), details Manatee County's progress in addressing the goals and objectives identified in its approved 5-Year Consolidated Plan. This is the third reporting year for the 2012-2017 Consolidated Plan.
- The CAPER also details the expenditures and accomplishments of all CDBG, HOME, and ESG activities during the program year.
- HUD requires a formal 15-day comment period and public hearing on the CAPER. The draft CAPER was completed and made available to the public for review and comment beginning on November 13, 2015.
- Notice of the public hearing and the CAPER's availability was published in the Bradenton Herald and 7Dias. The CAPER was also available for review on the County's website, and in the Manatee County Neighborhood Services Department at six locations: the 5th floor of the County Administration Building, Central Library, South County Library, Braden River Library, Rocky Bluff Library, and the Palmetto Library through December 1, 2015.
- Today's public hearing is to receive citizen comments on the draft 2014/15 CAPER. All citizen comments received will be incorporated into the CAPER, as applicable.
- The CAPER must be received by HUD no later than December 30, 2015.
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (No apparent legal issues)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: 2014-15 CAPER Part 1 - BCC Draft.pdf
Attachment: 2014-15 CAPER Part 2 - BCC Draft.pdf