|Manatee County Government Administrative Building First Floor, Chambers August 4, 2016 - 9:00 a.m.|
Agenda Item #12
Z-16-04 - Tincher (Property Owner)/Bongart (Contract Purchaser) / The Ranch Assisted Living Facility - DTS20160180 - MEPS549 - Quasi-Judicial - Margaret Tusing
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Margaret Tusing, Principal Planner, 941-748-4501 ext. 6828
Bobbi Roy, Planning Coordinator, 941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, the action of the Planning Commission, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, I move to ADOPT Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. Z-16-04, as recommended by the Planning Commission.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
2. The future land use category is RES-1 which permits a maximum gross density is 1 du/ac and the maximum net density is 2 du/acre; however, the A-1 zoning district requires a minimum lot size of 1-acre. Consequently, if the proposed zoning of A-1 is approved, the maximum number of units that would be permitted on this property is 5 units.
3. The requested A-1 zoning is consistent with the existing development pattern and zoning of nearby properties and is a logical extension of the residential development pattern. The proposed rezone may be considered a logical expansion of the agricultural zoning districts of A or A-1. The proposed zoning district (A-1) allows for residential and residential support uses consistent with existing zoning and uses in the area.
4. The A-1 zoning district allows a variety of residential, residential support and limited non-residential uses. Each residential, residential support, and non-residential use has a required minimum lot size, a minimum lot width, minimum unit size, etc. The range of uses permitted in the A-1 zoning district includes residential uses at a maximum density of 1 du/acre and a complement of residential support uses such as places of worship, day care centers, assisted living facilities, and educational facilities.
5. This is a straight rezone request, there are no Special or Specific Approvals nor Staff Stipulations.
6. The allowable uses in the current A zoning and the requested A-1 zoning are very similar. In a review of Table 4-1: Uses in Agriculture and Residential Districts, the A zoning district permits more intensive uses than the A-1 zoning district. The proposed use of Assisted Living Facility, Small is a Special Permit in the A zoning and an Administrative Permit in the A-1 zoning.
7. On July 14, 2016, by a vote of 7 – 0, the Planning Commission recommended approval.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email to Matter #2016-0487 on June 17, 2016.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward a copy of the executed document and letter from the Florida Department of State to email@example.com
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report- The Ranch Assisted Living Facility - Z-16-04.pdf
Attachment: ATTACHMENT 2 - Tincher Zoning-Aerial Exhibit.pdf
Attachment: ATTACHMENT 3 - 06.30.16 School Report.pdf
Attachment: ATTACHMENT 4 - Zoning Disclosure (B-4) Bongart.pdf
Attachment: ATTACHMENT 4 - Zoning Disclosure (B-4) Tincher.pdf
Attachment: ATTACHMENT 5 - TIS TINCHER.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 6 - Newspaper Advertising.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 7 - Ordinance.pdf