|Manatee County Government Administrative Building First Floor, Chambers August 4, 2016 - 9:00 a.m.|
Agenda Item #13
Z-16-03 - Gettel Automotive, Inc./Gettel Toyota Dealership Parking Lot - DTS20160166 - Quasi-Judicial - Margaret Tusing
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Margaret Tusing, Principal Planner, 941-748-4501 ext. 6828
Bobbi Roy, Planning Coordinator, 941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, the action of the Planning Commission, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code with a finding of consistency that limits uses on the parcel to a parking facility, with associated landscape buffers and storm water facilities, to serve the commercial use on the contiguous parcels to the north and west of the rezone site, I move to ADOPT Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. Z-16-03, as recommended by the Planning Commission.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• Hugh McGuire – McGuire & McGuire, PA, agent for the owner, is requesting approval of a straight rezone from RDD-6 (Residential Duplex District – 6 dwelling units/acre) to GC (General Commercial) for a 3.888-acre property generally on the east side of 14th Street West and south of 63rd Avenue West to allow for a parking lot for the adjacent Gettel Toyota dealership.
• The property is required to be rezoned because LDC Section 1005.6.A.1 requires that all parking facilities be located on the same lot or on an adjoining lot under the same ownership and the parking facility must have the same zoning classification as the principal use parcel.
• Staff is recommending that the Zoning Ordinance includes a Finding for Consistency with the Comprehensive Plan that limits the future use on this parcel to a parking facility with associated landscaping and storm water facilities.
• This is a straight rezone request, there are no Special or Specific Approvals nor Staff Stipulations.
• On June 9, 2016, by a vote of 7 – 0, the Planning Commission recommended approval.
• A summary of the public comments heard at the June 9, 2016 Planning Commission public hearing are in the staff report attached to this memo.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email to Matter #2016-0441 on May 13, 2016.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward a copy of the executed document the letter from the Florida Department of State to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report Gettel Toyota - Z-16-03.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 2 - Zoning Disclosure Affidavit Gettel.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 3 - 04.22.16 School Report - No Comments.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 4 - Gettle Toyota Approved TIS(2).pdf
Attachment: Attachment 5 - Affidavit of publishing - Gettel Toyota Z-16-03 - 20160166 - Sarasota Herald Line.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 6 - Gettel Z1603 Maps.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 7 - Ordinance Z-16-03.pdf