|Manatee County Government Administrative Building First Floor, Chambers August 3, 2017 - 9:00 am|
Agenda Item #22
PA-17-04/Ordinance 17-18 - Myara Property Joint Venture, LLC - DTS20170042 - MEPS519 - Legislative - Rossina Leider, Planner
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Rossina Leider, Planner, 941-748-4501 ext. 6859
Bobbi Roy, Planning Coordinator, 941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, the technical support documents and finding the request to be INCONSISTENT with the Community Planning Act as codified in applicable portions of Chapter 163, Part II, Florida Statutes and the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan, I move to recommend the Board of County Commissioners NOT TRANSMIT Plan Amendment PA-17-04/Ordinance 17-18, as recommended by the Planning Commission.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
Florida Statutes, Chapter 163, Part II
• Ms. Rachel Layton, AICP, ZNS Engineering, LC, agent for the property owner, is requesting an amendment to the Traffic Circulation Map Series (Map 5-B Future Traffic Circulation: Functional Classification, Map 5-C Future Traffic Circulation: Right-of-Way Protection and Reservation, and Map 5-D Future Traffic Circulation: Number of Lanes) and Table 5-1, to delete a segment of Linger Lodge Road (Collector Roadway) between 93rd Street East (Oak Hammock Drive) and 99th Street East (Pine Meadow Way/Clubhouse Drive) from the future Traffic Circulation plan network and from the Traffic Circulation Map Series thereby the segment of Linger Lodge Road no longer being a planned county facility.
• Manatee County’s Traffic Circulation Map Series is a guiding document for development of an efficient and appropriate thoroughfare roadway network, which consists of the following traffic map series:
• The connection of Linger Lodge Road to Clubhouse Drive to Lakewood Ranch Boulevard has been identified as a two-lane collector in the Comprehensive Plan since 1989. The segment proposed to be deleted is related to a current application [(PDR-15-30(Z)(P) – ESME I, LLC/ Myara Subdivision] to:
- Rezone approximately 13.71 acres on the northern portion of a 32.38 ±acre site (18.67 acres already zoned PDR) located west of 99th Street East (Pine Meadow Way) and Clubhouse Drive at 6804 99th Street East, Bradenton (Manatee County), from RSF-1/WP-E/ST (Residential Single-Family – one dwelling unit per acre/Watershed Protection Evers/Special Treatment Overlay Districts) to the PDR (Planned Development Residential) retaining the overlay districts (WP-E/ST), and
• The applicant provided a network alternatives analysis, environmental analysis, and construction costs analysis related to the application. The analysis used a local street network –a circuitous route – along 93rd Street East, 65th Avenue East and 99th Street East to distribute traffic from Linger Lodge Road to Clubhouse Drive.
• It is the opinion of staff that the proposed plan amendment to delete a section of Linger Lodge Road between 93rd Street East (Oak Hammock Drive) and 99th Street East (Pine Meadow Way/Clubhouse Drive) is INCONSISTENT with the following sections, policies, and objectives of the Comprehensive Plan:
• Staff recommends that Linger Lodge Road remain as shown in the current adopted Comprehensive Plan, and DENY TRANSMITTAL of the request.
• On June 8, 2017, by a vote of 4 – 2, the Planning Commission recommended to not transmit the Plan Amendment. Mr. Horrigan was absent. Mr. Conerly voted nay stating he doesn’t see a benefit of having a roadway connection between two existing roadway networks. Mr. Rahn voted nay stating it is a big concern to him of the road going through a future Conservation Easement and this can open the County up to a liability down the road.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by emails to Matter 2014-0257 on May 17 and 18, 2017.
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report - Myara Joint Venture Comprehensive Plan Amendment - PA-17-04 Ord. 17-18.pdf
Attachment: 4.1 - Adopted Thoroughfare Table 5-1.pdf
Attachment: 4.2 - Revised Thoroughfare Table 5-1.pdf
Attachment: 5.1 - Adopted Thoroughfare Maps Future Traffic Circulation 5-B.pdf
Attachment: 5.2 - Adopted Thoroughfare Maps Future Traffic Circulation 5-C.pdf
Attachment: 5.3 - Adopted Thoroughfare Maps Future Traffic Circulation 5-D.pdf
Attachment: 5.4 - Future Traffic Map5B Revised Myara.pdf
Attachment: 5.5 - FutureTrafficMap5C Revised Myara.pdf
Attachment: 5.6 - Future Traffic Map5D Revised Myara.pdf
Attachment: 5.7 - Future Traffic Map 5-B Revised Myara ZOOM.pdf
Attachment: 5.8 - Future Traffic Map 5-C Right of Way Revised Myara ZOOM.pdf
Attachment: 5.9 - Future Traffic Map 5-D Revised Myara ZOOM.pdf
Attachment: 6 - Support Analysis provided by applicant.pdf
Attachment: 7 - Newspaper Advertising.pdf
Attachment: Public Comments - Myara Property Comp Plan Amendment - PA-17-04 - Ord. 17-18.pdf
Attachment: Request for Additional Presentation Time 2017 08 02.pdf