|REVISED August 22, 2017 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #20
Amendment #2 to the FY 16/17 Community Care for the Elderly (CCE) Grant Agreement
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Tracie Adams, Human Services Manager / ext. 3030
- Authorization for the Chairman to execute Amendment #2 to the FY 16/17 Community Care for the Elderly (CCE) Agreement CCE-16/17-MAN between Manatee County and Senior Connection Center, Inc., decreasing the agreement amount and replacing the Budget Summary.
- Adoption of Budget Resolution B-17-070 amending the annual budget for Manatee County, Florida, FY 16/17.
Florida Statute Chapter 125
- Amendment #2 decreases the funding amount by $14,503.00 and replaces the Budget Summary to reflect the decrease. Due to an unanticipated number of client terminations and hospitalizations, we were not able to make up the lost cost of service provision with enrollments by 6/30/17 which was the end of the 16/17 grant fiscal year.
- The decrease in funds does not affect the 17/18 grant funding.
- The decrease in funds will assist in addressing a deficit in another county under our service provider area.
- The county has a 10% match to the state funds for the CCE program.
- Budget Resolution B-17-070 reflects the decrease in funds and the decrease in county match dollars.
- The county has served as Lead Agency for the CCE grant program over 35 years.
- Grant funds are provided by the state Department of Elder Affairs through the Senior Connection Center, Inc., to provide case management and in-home services such as personal care, homemaker, and home delivered meals.
- The provider service area falling under the Senior Connection Center includes Manatee, Hillsborough, Polk, Highlands, and Hardee counties.
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (No apparent legal issues)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Return two original amendments and a copy of the Budget Resolution to Community Services. One original amendment will be returned to Board Records when executed by the funding source.
Email the signed Resolution B-17-070 to email@example.com
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
$1,036,662 State / $115,185 County Match / $33,000 Client Co-Pay: Grand Total $1,184,847.00 CCE 16/17 1739001022
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: B-17-070 FY17 CCE Amend 2.pdf