|Manatee County Administrative Center First Floor, Commission Chambers 9:00 a.m. - August 14, 2014|
Agenda Item #5
PDR-14-09(Z)(P) - Meritage Homes of Florida, Inc. (Contract Purchaser)/Schroeder Manatee Ranch, INc. (Owner)/River Sands - DTS20140072 - MEPS288 - Quasi-Judicial - Margaret Tusing
Contact and/or Presenter Information
941-748-4501 ext. 6863
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, I move to recommend ADOPTION of Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. PDR-14-09(Z)(P); APPROVAL of the Preliminary Site Plan with Stipulations A.1-A.4, B.1-B.3, C.1-C.4 and D.1-D.8; GRANTING Special Approval for a project exceeding a density of 1 dwelling unit per acre in the UF-3 Future Land Use Category; ADOPTION of the Findings for Specific Approval; and GRANTING Specific Approval of alternatives to Land Development Code Sections 603.7.4.5 (Greenbelts), 702.6.7 (Yards Adjacent to Agricultural Operations), 714.8.7 (Tree Replacement Size), and 715.3.4 (One Canopy Tree Every 50 Linear Feet), as recommended by staff.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• Ms. Darenda Marvin, AICP, with Grimes Goebel Grimes Hawkins Gladfelter & Galvano PL, is requesting approval of a Rezone and Preliminary Site Plan for 475 single family detached residences. The site is approximately 304 acres located at 4810, 4820 and 4850 Lorraine Road.
• The site is located in UF-3 (Urban Fringe – 3 dwelling units per gross acre).
• Special Approval is required because the project’s gross residential density exceeds 1 du/ac (1.56 du/ac).
• The minimum lot width is 55-feet.
• The Applicant is meeting the minimum standards of the LDC with respect to roadway width (24’) and cul-de-sacs do not exceed 800’ in length. The streets will be private and will be maintained by an HOA or other appropriate legal entity.
• Sidewalks will be constructed on the north and west sides of local streets. A 5-foot sidewalk exists on S.R. 64 and a 5-foot sidewalk will be constructed on Lorraine Road as part of this Project (Stipulation A.4.).
• 156 acres (51%) are proposed for open space throughout the project and 7 acres of recreational area may include a pool with cabana and bathrooms, a fitness center, tot lot, event field and sport court.
• The site has 7.68 acres of wetlands and no impacts are proposed.
• The subdivision will have access to S.R. 64 and Lorraine Road.
• The Applicant requested two Specific Approvals: Greenbelts which is to eliminate the greenbelt when the property boundary abuts the adjacent wetland buffer for the Mill Creek wetland system and the Agricultural Setback which is to reduce the required separation from 35-feet to 25-feet on the western property line adjacent to the Mill Creek wetland system. Staff requested Specific Approvals to reduce tree replacement sizes and one canopy tree per lot frontage. Staff supports each of the Specific Approval requests.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email on July 7, 2014.
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Maps - Future Land Use, Zoning and Aerial - PDR-14-09 - RiverSands - 08142014 PC.pdf
Attachment: Staff Report - River Sands - PDR-14-09(Z)(P) - 8-14-2014 PC.pdf
Attachment: Zoning Disclosure Affidavit - River Sands - PDR-14-09(Z)(P) - 8-14-2014 PC.pdf
Attachment: Specific Approval Request - River Sands - PDR-14-09(Z)(P) - 8-14-2014 PC.pdf
Attachment: Traffic Impact Analysis - River Sands - PDR-14-09(Z)(P).pdf
Attachment: Affidavit of Ad - Sarasota Herald Tribune - River Sands - PDR-14-09(Z)(P) - 8-14-2014 PC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - Bradenton - River Sands - PDR-14-09(Z)(P) - 8-14-14 PC.pdf
Attachment: Site Plan - River Sands - PDR-14-09(Z)(P) - 8-14-2014 PC.pdf
Attachment: MAN 2014-05-30 Parking Study.pdf