|Manatee County Administrative Center First Floor, Commission Chambers 9:00 a.m. - August 14, 2014|
Agenda Item #4
PDR-14-04(Z)(P) - Cone and Graham, Inc. / Willow Walk - DTS20140038 - Quasi-Judicial - Margaret Tusing
Contact and/or Presenter Information
941-748-4501 ext. 6863
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, I move to recommend ADOPTION of Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. PDR-14-04(Z)(P): APPROVAL of the Preliminary Site Plan with Stipulations A.1-A.7, B.1-B.2, C.1-C.4 and D.1-D.8; GRANTING Special Approval for a project exceeding a gross density of 2 dwelling units per acre and a net density of 3 dwelling units per acre in the RES-3 Future Land Use Category; ADOPTION of the Findings for Specific Approval; and GRANTING Specific Approval of alternatives to Land Development Code Sections 714.8.7 (replacement trees) and 715.3.4 (one canopy tree every 50-linear feet), as recommended by staff.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• Mr. Donald Neu with New Consulting, LLC, is requesting approval of a Rezone and Preliminary Site Plan for 718 single family detached residences. The site is approximately 272 acres located at the southeast corner of Experimental Farm Road (49th Street East) and Ellenton Gillette Road, north of Mendoza Road.
• The site is located in the RES-3 (Residential - 3 dwelling units per gross acre) and the RES-6 (Residential – 6 dwelling units per gross acre) Future Land Use Categories (FLUC).
• Special Approval is required because the project’s gross residential density exceeds 2 du/ac and the net residential density exceeds 3 du/ac in the RES-3 FLUC (2.59 gross du/ac; 3.32 net du/ac).
• Lots sizes vary with the minimum lot size of 40’x120’.
• The Applicant is meeting the minimum standards of the LDC with respect to roadway width (24’) and cul-de-sacs do not exceed 800’ in length. The streets will be public and will be maintained by Manatee County Government.
• Sidewalks will be constructed on both sides of the local streets. A 5-foot sidewalk will be constructed on Ellenton-Gillette and Mendoza Roads.
• 105 acres (38%) are proposed for open space throughout the project and 6 acres of recreational area are also provided.
• The site has 40.51 acres of wetlands and impacts are proposed to 2.63 acres.
• The subdivision will have access to Ellenton-Gillette and Mendoza Road.
• Staff requested and supports the Specific Approvals to reduce tree replacement sizes and one canopy tree per lot frontage.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
William Clague reviewed and responded by email on July 15, 2014.
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Maps - Future Land Use, Zoning and Aerial - PDR-14-04 - WillowWalk - 08142014 PC.pdf
Attachment: Staff Report - Willow Walk - PDR-14-04(Z)(P) - 8-14-2014 PC.pdf
Attachment: Zoning Disclosure Affidavit.pdf
Attachment: Traffic Impact Analysis - Willow Walk - PDR-14-04(Z)(P) - 8-14-14 PC.pdf
Attachment: Affidavit of Newspaper Advertising - 20140814 PC - Willow Walk - PDR-14-04(Z)(P).pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - Bradenton - Willow Walk - PDR-14-04(Z)(P).pdf
Attachment: Site Plan for Willow Walk - PDR-14-04(Z)(P) - 8-14-14 PC.pdf