|Manatee County Administrative Center First Floor, Commission Chambers 9:00 a.m. - August 14, 2014|
Agenda Item #3
PDMU-12-04(P) - The Preserve at Walden Lake dba Royal Palm Townhouses - DTS20140115 - Quasi-Judicial - Stephanie Moreland
Contact and/or Presenter Information
941-748-4501 ext. 3880
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, I move to recommend APPROVAL of Preliminary Site Plan PDMU-12-04(P) with Stipulations A.1-A.6, B.1-B.3 and C.1-C.5; GRANTING Special Approval for a project: 1) adjacent to a perennial stream and 2) exceeding a net density of nine dwelling units per acre in the RES-9 Future Land Use Category (FLUC); ADOPTION of the Findings for Specific Approval; and GRANTING Specific Approval for an alternative to LDC Section 714.8.7 (tree replacement sizes), as recommended by staff.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• The request is for a Preliminary Site Plan for 216 multi-family units, a clubhouse, gym, garage, maintenance and storage buildings, and a mail kiosk.
• The site is on the east side of US 301, and west side of 33rd Street East, approximately 1,008 feet south of S.R.70, Bradenton on approximately 38.49 acres.
• The site is in the PDMU (Planned Development Mixed Use) zoning district.
• If approved, this request will supersede all previous Final Site Plan approvals.
• The site is part of a planned development mixed use project that received General Development Plan approval in 1999. That plan included Sam’s Wholesale Club and Sabal Cove Apartments. At that time, the subject site was approved for 80 senior housing units and a 126 bed group care home (= 21 units). The 101 dwelling units were not constructed and the General Development Plan expired.
• In 2006, the Board of County Commissioners granted Preliminary Site Plan approval for 74 single-family attached residences on the subject parcel. The approved Final Site Plan expires on December 14, 2014. Staff recommends a stipulation with the current request repealing prior final site plan approvals.
• In 2012, the Board of County Commissioners granted General Development Plan approval for 216 multi-family units. According to LDC Section 508.8.1.1, there is no expiration date for the 2012 General Development Plan approval.
• Staff recommends approval.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email on July 8, 2014.
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Maps - Future Land Use, Zoning and Aerial - PDMU-12-04- Walden Lake dba RoyalPalm 081414 PC.pdf
Attachment: Staff Report - The Preserve at Walden Lake - PDMU-12-04(P) - 8-14-2014 PC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - Bradenton - The Preserve at Walden Lake - PDMU-12-04(P) - 8-14-14 PC.pdf
Attachment: Affidavit of Ad - Sarasota Herald Tribune - The Preserve at Walden Lake - PDMU-12-04(P) - 08-14-2014 PC.pdf
Attachment: Traffic Impact Analysis - The Perserve at Walden Lakes - PDMU-12-04(P) - 8-14-14PC.pdf
Attachment: Site Plan - The Preserve at Walden Lake - PDMU-12-04(P) - 8-14-2014 PC.pdf
Attachment: Additional PUblic Comment for Update at PC.pdf