|Manatee County Government Administrative Building First Floor, Chambers August 11, 2016 - 9:00 a.m.|
Agenda Item #3
PDR-16-08(Z)(P) - Windham Development at SR 70 and Lorraine Road - DTS20160187 - MEPS550 - Quasi-Judicial - Rossina Leider
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Rossina Leider, Planner, 941-748-4501 ext. 6859
Bobbi Roy, Planning Coordinator, 941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, I move to recommend APPROVAL of Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. PDR-16-08(Z)(P); APPROVAL of the Preliminary Site Plan with Stipulations A.1 - A.6, B.1 - B.2, C.1 - C.3, and D.1 - D.4; GRANTING Special Approval for a project: 1) exceeding a net density of 1.0 dwelling unit per acre in the RES-1 FLUC, 2) within the Watershed Protection Evers Overlay District , and 3) within the Special Treatment Overlay District; ADOPTION the Findings for Specific Approval; and GRANTING Specific Approval of an alternative to Land Development Code Sections 402.7.D.5, and 701.3.B.3.c (Provide a variable width greenbelt buffer - 110 feet in length portion), as recommended by staff.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• Ms. Rachel Layton, AICP with ZNS Engineering, agent for the property owner, is requesting approval of a rezoning from A/WP-E/ST (General Agriculture/Watershed Protection Evers/Special Treatment Overlay Districts) to PDR/WP-E/ST (Planned Development Residential/Watershed Protection Evers/Special Treatment Overlay Districts) zoning district and a Preliminary Site Plan for 139 lots for single-family detached residences.
• The 41.43± acre site is located on the west side of Lorraine Road and north of SR 70. The site is located within the RES-1 (Residential – one dwelling unit per acre) (20.68 acres), and R/O/R (Retail/Office/Residential) (20.75 acres) Future Land Use Categories (FLUCs).
• The Preliminary Site Plan proposes:
o Two access points, along Lorraine Road.
• Special Approval is required for a project exceeding a net density of 1.0 dwelling unit per acre in the RES-1 FLUC, and within the Watershed Protection Evers and the Special Treatment Overlay Districts.
• Specific Approval is requested to LDC Section 402.7.D.5 and 701.3.B.3.c, to provide a variable width greenbelt buffer (5 feet to 14 feet wide) on a 110- foot in length portion of the buffer along to the northeast property line.
• Staff recommends approval.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email to Matter #2016-0592 on July 18, 2016.
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report - Windham - PDR-16-08(Z)(P).pdf
Attachment: Attachment 2 - Zoning Disclosure Affidavits.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 3 - Maps, FLU, Zoning and Aerials.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 4 - Preliminary Site Plan.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 5 - School Board Report.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 6 - Special and Specific Approval Request.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 7 - Copy of Newspaper Advertising.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 8 - Traffic Impact Analysis without appendices.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 9 - Public Comment s.pdf