|REVISED April 7, 2015 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #12
Authorization for Termination of Land Use Agreement and Deed Restriction Agreement
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Cheri R. Coryea, Director/extension 3468
Authorization for Chairman to execute an Agreement to Terminate a Land Use and Deed Restriction Agreement with HOPE Family Services for a Community Development Block Grant funded project.
11.1.4 Efficiency in Service Delivery
- On September 27, 2005, the Board of County Commissioners executed a Land Use Restriction Agreement and Deed Restrictions (LURA) with HOPE Family Services for the architectural design, engineering, and construction of two buildings to house and support victims of domestic violence in Manatee County.
- Neighborhood Services Department staff has reviewed the Community Development Block Grant funded project for compliance with the LURA, relative to the use and restrictions pertaining to the use of the property as a domestic violence emergency shelter and to provide client support services. In accordance with the program requirements and the LURA, Hope Family Services was found in compliance with such conditions.
- Per Item 2 of the LURA, the term for the property use as an emergency shelter and to provide support services was established at five (5) years after the effective date of final inspection and compliance report (dated October 20, 2009).
- An Agreement to Terminate the Land Use and Deed Restriction Agreement is needed at this time. Hope Family Services has continued to utilize the property as a domestic violence emergency shelter and to provide client support services.
- There are no funding considerations for this request.
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (No apparent legal issues)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Maintain one original and return one original and one certified copy to the Neighborhood Services Department, attention Bill O'Shea (ext. 6858).
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: HOPE FAMILY SERVICES LURA.pdf
Attachment: HOPE FAMILY SERVICES TERMINATION OF LURA.pdf