|Manatee County Government Administrative Building First Floor Chambers 9:00 am - April 5, 2018|
Agenda Item #4
Z-17-06 Eurice Rezone 20170569, Quasi-Judicial, Ryan Todd, Planner I
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Ryan Todd, Planner I, 941-748-4501 ext. 3437
Bobbi Roy, Senior Planning & Zoning Tech/Planning Coordinator
941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, the action of the Planning Commission, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, I move to ADOPT Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. Z-17-06, as recommended by the Planning Commission.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• Bill and Sarah Eurice, applicants, are requesting approval for a rezone of ±1.33 acres of the western portion of a ±2.33-acre site from the A-1 (Agricultural Suburban) zoning district to the RSF-2 (Residential Single-Family 2 Dwelling Units/Acre).
• The existing A-1 zoning district is intended to permit short-term agricultural and related uses and to provide for areas transitioning from rural to suburban or urban character. Table 4-1 of the Manatee County Land Development Code (LDC) establishes the schedule of uses for the A-1 zoning district, which predominantly includes residential and residential support uses. The maximum residential density permitted in an A-1 zoning district is 1.0 dwelling units per acre, whereas the proposed RSF-2 zoning district permits a density of 2 dwelling unit per acre.
• The site, as well as all parcels within a .5-mile radius, lie within the RES-6 (Residential 6.0 Dwelling Units/Acre), or higher, Future Land Use Category (FLUC).
• The existing A-1 zoning district has a maximum allowable density of 1 dwelling unit/acre, and the proposed RSF-2 zoning district has a maximum allowable density of 2 dwelling units/acre. Lot standards for the RSF-2 zoning district allow for a maximum number of three lots on the ±1.33 acres of the site being rezoned from A-1 to RSF-2. However, the RSF-2 zoning district allows no more than one (2) dwelling units/acre.
• A straight rezone can’t condition uses and design standards. Compliance with the standards of the RSF-2 zoning district and all other requirements of the LDC will be reviewed and verified with future site plan approval for this site.
• Staff recommends approval.
• On March 8, 2018, by a vote of 5 – 0, the Planning Commission recommended approval. Mr. Rutledge and Mr. DeLesline were absent.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email to Matter 2018-0045 on February 5, 2018.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward a copy of the executed document and letter from the Florida Department of State to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report - Eurice Rezone - Z-17-06.pdf
Attachment: 2 - Staff Report Maps.pdf
Attachment: 3 - Survey Sketch.pdf
Attachment: 4 - Zoning Disclosure Affidavit.pdf
Attachment: 5 - Newspaper Advertising.pdf
Attachment: 6 - Ordinance Z-17-06.pdf