|REVISED April 4, 2017 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #57
Adoption of Ordinance 17-041 Updating the Manatee County Certificate Of Public Convenience and Necessity Ordinance (15-37)
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Robert L. Smith, Director of Public Safety
Paul DiCicco, EMS Chief
Continue the public hearing on Ordinance 17-041 to April 25, 2017, at 9:00 a.m. or soon thereafter.
Florida Statute 401.25
Florida Administrative Code 64J
- The Board of County Commissioners provided direction to the County Attorney's Office to revise Ordinance 15-37 to allow for the provision of non-transport advanced life support (ALS) services with the requirement that all associated costs be covered by the interested fire department(s) with no subsequent County impact. The motion additionally imposed the requirements that interested fire department(s) comply with and participate in the County's Quality Improvement Process, answer to the County Medical Director, and follow countywide Medical and Trauma Transport Protocols.
- Increased advanced life support response units will improve emergency medical service delivery to the citizens and visitors of Manatee County.
- Response times to emergency calls for service will improve as additional response units will be added to our 911 system.
- Ordinance 17-041 details the requirement for participants in the 911 (emergency) response system.
- The standards imparted in Ordinance 17-041 provide the grounds for an optimum environment for patient care and a seamless transition of care between the fire departments and the County's EMS system.
- Ordinance 17-041 requires that all responders participating in the 911 emergency response system share a common medical director and medical / trauma transport protocols to promote the continuity of pre-hospital medical care delivered in Manatee County.
- There will be minimal impact to revenue as the interested fire department(s) will not be permitted to bill for service.
- Ordinance 17-041 replaces Ordinance 15-37.
- The adoption of Ordinance 17-041 will allow for interested fire departments to provide advanced life support (ALS) non-transport services.
County Attorney Review
Formal Written Review (Opinion memo must be attached)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Please provide two certified copies to Paul DiCicco, EMS Chief
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
001.0007101 EMS Operations; Fire District(s) Budgets
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
No impact to County funding sources
Attachment: Ordinance 17-041 .pdf
Attachment: Ordinance 17-041 - Notice of Public Hearing.pdf