|Manatee County Government Administrative Center Commission Chambers, First Floor 9:00 a.m. - April 3, 2014|
Agenda Item #9
PDC-05-79/PSP-13-76 - Xpress Storage at Portal Crossing - DTS20130496 - Quasi-Judicial - Shelley Hamilton
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
941-748-4501 ext. 6863
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, the action of the Planning Commission, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, I move to ADOPT Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. PDC-05-79/PSP-13-76; APPROVE the Preliminary Site Plan with Stipulations A.1-A.5, B.1-B.5 and C.1-C.2; ADOPT the Findings for Specific Approval; and GRANT Specific Approval for alternatives to Sections 710.1.6 and 714.8.7 of the Land Development Code; as recommended by the Planning Commission.
Manatee County Land Development Code
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
• Ms. Rachel Layton, Agent for XPress Storage – Portal Crossing, requests approval of a Preliminary Site Plan for 368 mini-storage warehouse units on 3.12 ± acres zoned PDC (Planned Development Commercial.
• The site is located at the southeast corner of S.R. 64 East and Portal Crossing, approximately 675 feet west of Lakewood Ranch Boulevard. The site has approximately 1,000 feet of frontage along S.R. 64 East.
• The property was rezoned to PDC with an accompanying Preliminary Site Plan in 2008. The Preliminary Site Plan was approved to allow a convenience store with gas pumps, a car wash, a bank, retail space and restaurants. To date, the convenience store, the car wash, and some of the retail space has been built. This mini-storage facility will replace the remaining retail space that was originally approved for the property.
• The project will consist of 368 mini-storage warehouse units in four, one-story buildings and a 181 square foot office building for a self-service kiosk. A portion of the buildings will be climate controlled. The facility will be open 24 hours per day/7 days a week.
• The site has access to both S.R. 64 East and Lakewood Ranch Boulevard via Portal Crossing.
• Specific Approvals have been requested for the following:
• Staff recommends approval with stipulations.
• On March 13, 2013, by a vote of 7 – 0, the Planning Commission recommended approval.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email on February 11, 2014.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward a copy of the executed document to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Maps - Future Land Use, Zoning and Aerial - Xpress Storage - PDC-05-79 - PSP-13-76 - 20140403 BC.pdf
Attachment: Staff Report - XPress Storage at Portal Crossing - PDC-05-79 - PSP-13-76 - DTS20130496 - 20140403 BC.pdf
Attachment: Request for Specific Approval - PDC-05-79 - PSP-13-76 - Xpress Storage at Portal Crossing - DTS20130496 - 20140403 BC.pdf
Attachment: Elevation - PDC-05-79 - PSP-13-76 - Xpress Storage at Portal Crossing - DTS20130496 - 20140403 BC.pdf
Attachment: Traffic Impact Statement - PDC-05-79 - PSP-13-76 - Xpress Storage at Portal Crossing - 20140403 BC.pdf
Attachment: Parking Analysis - PDC-05-79 - PSP-13-76 - Xpress Storage at Portal Crossing - DTS20130496 - 20140403 BC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - Xpress Storage - PDC-05-79 - PSP-13-76 - 4-3-14 BC.pdf
Attachment: Ordinance PDC-05-79 PSP-13-76 - Xpress Storage at Portal Crossing - DTS20130496 - 20140403 BC.pdf
Attachment: Site Plan - PDC-05-79 - PSP-13-76 - Xpress Storage at Portal Crossing - DTS20130496 - 20140403 BC.pdf
Attachment: Slideshow Planner - Xpress Storage at Portal Crossing - PDC-05-79-PSP-13-76 - 20140403 BC.pdf